Why can't I email or save pdf copies of invoices from QuickBooks 2011/12?

Options
Michael & Michelle
Michael & Michelle Member Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello Michael & Michelle,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Have a look at the Reckon FAQ: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/a9l45bkc1h76t that covers configuring the QuickBooks PDF Converter.

As you have an older version, your PDF Converter will have a slightly different name - like QuickBooks V303 PDF Converter, but the steps are exactly the same.

Also, set the Privilege level for your Quickbooks icon to Run As Administrator.  If your PC is Vista or Windows 7, then set the Compatibility mode to Windows XP service pack 2.  

These steps should have you emailing and saving to PDF again.

Regards,
    John.

• Michael & Michelle
    Michael & Michelle Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Many thanks John, has fixed the problem, sincerely appreciate your help, have a great day, Michelle.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Great news Rachel!

cheers,
    John

• Shane Scorgie
    Shane Scorgie Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Options
    why cant I email invoices I have tried everything with windows 8.1 and reckon. Even tried to locate outlook but seems its not on 8.1. help please
  • Shane Scorgie
    Shane Scorgie Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Options
    im using 2013 reckon
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Shane,

Welcome to the Reckon Community, and thank you for joining in on our conversation.

Can I confirm which email client you are using? Please note that Outlook is only available if you have MS Office installed, and is not a standard Windows program.

You might find these two articles below helpful.

https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/a9l45bkc1h76t
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/reckon_accounts_windows_8_0_8_1_ie10_11

Let me know know it goes!

Regards,
    Mirko

• G Reid
    G Reid Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Using third party applications with Reckon Accounts Plus. Hi all,

I've been trying to connect a number of third party applications (including softcookies and Zed Axis) to Reckon Accounts Plus 2013 with no success. Does anyone know if this version of accounts accepts 3rd party applications? I've attempted the same apps with a trial version of Accounts Pro 2014 and it works without issue.
  • Akiko Ikeda
    Akiko Ikeda Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't email my invoice and never be able to make PDF file.. Hi I can't email my invoice and never be able to make PDF file.I'm using reckon 2012-2013. It always becomes "not responding" whenever I click send. Could you help me please?
  • Geoff_8640396
    Geoff_8640396 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi, would the same theory apply to Premier 2010/2011 on Windows 7? It won't email forms or save as .pdf. Thanks