Cannot Email out invoices/statements

Options
Alethea Hyde
Alethea Hyde Member Posts: 4
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just purchased a new computer and installed my 2007/2008 Quickbooks Plus, everything works well except it will not email out my statements or invoices. Any tips on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated. When I click on the 'email' button nothing happens at all.

Comments

• Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Alethea what email program are you using? You will need something that is MAPI compliant like Office. You can't use Office Express or Live mail.
  • Alethea Hyde
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi Kevin and many thanks for your help.  I am using Microsoft Outlook.  I am wondering whether there is an area within QuickBooks that I need to go to 'select' something, this is strange as I have never had this problem until I installed on my new computer.

• Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Alethea, can you email reports from QuickBooks? There isn't any switch within QuickBooks to select. What is your operating system? You can call me if its easier t:0407744914
  • Sam_7016357
    Sam_7016357 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    i have installed 2014 Reckon and it wont email either.  I am using Outlook 2013 on Microsoft 8.1.  Had no problems when i had 2007/08 using windows xp

• Alethea Hyde
    edited July 2014
    Options

Kevin suggested to me to run CutePDF and print/email to there then I am easily able to attach my invoices/statements to emails.  Kind of the long way around but it works very well and fortunately I do not have more than about 40 to send out each month.  Tried reinstalling Reckon 20072008 but did not make any difference, for some reason it will not pick up the print and that area then remains greyed out. I never had a problem until trying to install everything Reckon onto my new computer. I am using Outlook 2007 - same as before and Windows 7 professional - same as before.

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Althea, try running as admin or in compatibility mode, it might help with this matter. I'm not IT guru but I've seen all kinds of this fixed with those steps (again not sure if it will make an impact here).
  • Alethea Hyde
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, did not even think to take a look at this.  Will check it out.
  • Danny Wardle
    Danny Wardle Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Alethea did you manage to solve your problem? if so how? I have the same issue

Danny

• Kath, Partner
    Kath, Partner Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am also unable to send emails.  I've been having trouble for awhile but was able to work around it by closing my emails until after clicking the email invoice in Quickbooks Easy Start and then opening my emails while Quickbooks was still open and sending then.  But now I can't send emails at all and get the following error message:  Unable to open your email message store.  Your message cannot be sent.  Followed by the error message:  An internal error occurred while preparing your message. It has not been sent. (MAPI error code 00000000 (0) at line 483 in sendemail.cpp).   Can any one help me with this?  Thanks in advance.  Kath
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Kath - save the doubling up.....   I've put some tips at:   https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/can-no-longer-email-invoices?topic-reply-list[settings][f...  for you.

Gary