cant download 2019 upgrade- error is "failed - disk full"

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
Error Failed Disk Full when trying to upgrade to premier 2019 from 2018
Photo of Administration / finance Officer

Administration / finance Officer

• 70 Points
  • anxious, same thing happened last yr, nobody could help and I lost my whole company data that wasn't backed up properly and I had to start a new company so lost all my history.

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Tim Spillman

Tim Spillman

• 3,756 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hard Drive Full, Check the space you're downloading to.
Photo of Linda Putland

Linda Putland, Accredited Partner

• 15,132 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
In addition to John's suggestion - if you are not confident of your understanding of your system and the process of installing software and upgrading your files without losing data - then invest in having a professional do it for you - can be done simply via Team Viewer by any Accredited Partner - I am sure John would be happy to do it for you?
Photo of Sandie

Sandie

• 70 Points
Are you referring to my computer hard drive? because it is not full; 410GB free of 465GB, or the applications Drive is 176GB free of 0.99TB I don't get any options as to where the file will be saved, it's disk full before I can do anything. 
Photo of Sandie

Sandie

• 70 Points
Really, I should not have to pay an "accredited partner" to install an update. I can follow the process. I will request a disk if necessary.
Photo of Data Rec

Data Rec, Employee

• 6,858 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sandie,

You can change the destination folder where downloads are being stored.

The specific process would be dependent on the web browser you are using such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft IE, Edge, Safari, etc.

You can do a web search for the following key phrase "How to change default download location for <name of web browser >"

Example:

"How to change default download location for Firefox"

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

Photo of Tim Spillman

Tim Spillman

• 3,756 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I'm not an "accredited partner" pay me.

Many reason why you could have that error, none of them happen to do with Reckon or does it....