Can't download Invoices!

Options
Leisha S
Leisha S Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Ok.....I admit I'm a computer/technology retard BUT why wouldn't I be able to consistently download invoices to my desktop? Only every 4-5 attempts is successful. Keep getting "Failed - No file". Happens often. Internet connection/WiFi all good my end. Arrggh!

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Leisha.  I had the same problem occur on one of my computers about a week ago, and I noted that this happened after the icons on the top right hand side of the pdf generated page changed - previously there was a "save to file" (or something like that) and this then changed to a download arrow.  I don't have the problem on other computers.  To overcome my problem I instead used the "print" option and directed it to a PDF printer.  Takes longer to do this but at least it provides a solution.
    Somebody out there might know what the problem is.  The computer which has the problem is running Windows 10, but it works ok on another Windows 10 computer and also one running Windows 7 Professional.
    John L G
  • Leisha S
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks John! I too had noticed the download arrow change & had a thought it may have been since then also. I've been using the print option like you suggested but still having the same fail problem.
    I'm yet to update to Windows 10, because of some of the feedback via Reckon Community - if Windows 10 doesn't work, I have VERY limited knowledge to restore/delete etc computer 'stuff'. 
    I'm using a laptop presently, but can't remember if I've encountered the same problem with office computer??
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Leisha.  I will not be in front of my "problem" computer until tonight.  Here is another possibility that you might be able to try and see if it works - I tested this on another computer and it worked, but the end test will happen tonight.  Try right clicking on the pdf that Reckon has created and select "save as".  Will that work or do you get the same result?  If you do, then I think that we have another problem for Reckon to sort out for us.  John L G
  • Leisha S
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Next time I log in I'll try it John & let you know. It happens often, but I can't pin point it, just when the system feels like it. Let me know how you go. Thank you kindly for your input :)
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Leisha.  It works fine on my home desktop computer.  I have now backtracked and found the problem to have occurred on my notebook computer (also Windows 10) at another site which I attend on a Wednesday, so I cannot do another test until Wednesday next week.  Will see what happens then.  John L G
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Leisha, John,

Are you using a Chrome browser?  It has an inbuilt PDF Printer that is activated when you click on the Download arrow. It sounds like it is misbehaving for you.  You can reset your browser (Menu > Settings > Show more Settings > Reset Settings.  Suggest you export out your bookmarks etc before doing this step.

In Firefox you're given a choice to Open With your PDF reader or to save the file, which will then save it as a PDF.  So again there may be a problem with your preferred PDF Printer or with Firefox's PDF printer,  You can reset Firefox by Menu > Menu Help ? > Troubleshooting Information > Refresh Firefox button.  Again export your bookmarks first.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks John.  I am only using Chrome on all of my computers.  The problem only surfaced when the save to file icon changed to a download arrow and is only happening on one notebook computer which gets used once per week.  I will try your suggestion next Wednesday and see what happens.  On my Window 7 machine (using this now) the Show more settings is actually Show advanced settings.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Something is certainly misbehaving :)  John L G
  • Leisha S
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thank you to you both! I'm a bit slow on the responses. I'm going to have a close look over the next day or 2 when I next have the chance. Will do my best with your suggestions John G :)
    John, let me know how you go on Wednesday & I'll have a go my end too. 
    Thank you once again! 
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Leisha and John.  I repeated what I normally do, today, on the notebook computer which had the issue, and found that the problem has been resolved without the need for me to do anything.  I hope that you have the same result Leisha, otherwise you probably need to follow John's suggestion.
    John L G