Can't email payslips in upgraded Reckon Accounts 2015

Options
Brian Walker
Brian Walker Member Posts: 7
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Just upgraded to Reckons Accounts 2015 from previous version.

When trying to email payslips using "Select Pay Slips to Email", ticking the payslips, then OK, the following box "Select Forms to Email" is empty !!  

So can't email payslips as they don;t appear

Reckon support line say its a microsoft issue, but that doesn't seem right as was working ok with Accounts 2014.

Can anyone please help ? thanks

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Brian, if you go into the employee setup, 2nd tab "address & contact' down the bottom on right you will see 'preferred send form method' make sure 'both' is selected and then try again, it should work
  • Brian Walker
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks Charles, but I double confirmed that all employees are set to 'Both' for "Preferred Send form Method" and still can;t email payslips.

Any other suggestions ?
  • Amy_7398459
    Amy_7398459 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Brian, 
    I am having the same issues. I cannot email any forms since the upgrade. No payment summaries, payslips, remittance advices, etc. I contacted Reckon and had a very unsatisfactory response of "just keep closing it and opening it as it sometimes works on the 20th try." I have been trying this since Wednesday last week. Reckon advised me that there was no timeline for when the issue would be fixed. I am now printing and sending over 100 payment summaries, as I have not found any other way around it. 
  • Brian Walker
    edited July 2015
    Options
    We managed to get the problem fixed by following this work around. A bit of of kludgy approach, but it worked ! (The doc refers to Payment Summaries, but it applies to Payslips as well)
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4700 
  • Amy_7398459
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks Brian, I have tried this method, and it hasn't seemed to work for me. 
  • Brian Walker
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Amy, it was also suggested to me to check each employee (probably most recent additions) that the email address is in correct format & that Send to Both option selected for payslips.
  • Amy_7398459
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I finally got this to work! 
    I contacted Reckon again yesterday, and again, they told me to go to "file" "send forms" (which came up blank), and "close". They told me to repeat this until it worked. I was very skeptical, and annoyed that I had to do this over and over just hoping something would eventually work. However, after the hundredth go, it finally worked! I literally just had to open and close the window over and over, took me about an hour, very tedious, but, it is working now :) 
  • Lyn_6756777
    Lyn_6756777 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2015
    Options
    This is happening to me also.
  • Amy_7398459
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Lyn, 
    Please see my latest comment. 
  • Lyn_6756777
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have also followed all those steps and still can't email payslips.
    This has only happened since the new financial year update.
    I have tried opening and closing so many times that I want to throw it through the window.  Still not working.

• Amy_7398459
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Lyn, I know exactly how you feel! I had been opening and closing it since last Wednesday, and it only started working on Monday! I was just about to lose the plot! I can assure you though, it does work. Eventually. Mine are working like normal again. I was very annoyed that Reckon claimed there was no other way around it. 
  • Lyn_6756777
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thank you Amy,
    That is so frustrating,  who has that much time to waste on something that should have been tested and patched before the release.  Not happy.   I still haven't got it working yet.  I just don't have that much time to waste at the moment.  I'll have to come back to it again later.  }:-(

• Shane Matthews
    Shane Matthews Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am adding my frustrations regarding this as I can not send payslips or payment summaries so that Reckon see that there are others out there with the same issue that has only just appeared.  People at Reckon - it is time you fixed this 

• Denise Herbst
    Denise Herbst Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Me too
  • Petrice Frost
    Petrice Frost Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    Options

I agree, there are messages on here since 2012 and still not fixed, no wonder you guys are losing your market share ...

• Rnh Finance
    Rnh Finance Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just to add that this is still a problem in 2016.  I am having it now.  Started with payment summaries.  Doesnt happen in any other file so it is not windows as much as software companies like to blame it for everything that goes wrong.
  • Tim Kluger
    Tim Kluger Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi

Same here; only started going blank screen since the upgrade ... any solution for this other than opening and closing the 'Send Forms' window until something pops up?
  • Tim Kluger
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Another payrun and thoughts of having to send payslips out manually; as per Amy's post on here I went to "File" "Send Forms" and "Close". After the 3rd attempt I have finally got payslips (about 6 fortnights backlog worth). Hopefully next fortnight I will be able to go straight in and email payslips and not go through this File, Send Forms, Close repitition...
  • Amy Carrick
    Amy Carrick Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi guys - I posted here about a year ago and it seems you are still having the same issues with this!!

My only advice is to go to Xero - we have this last six months and payroll has been a breeze as is sending out payslips and any documentation. Have not looked back since the change! 
  • Tim Kluger
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thanks Amy

Hopefully this will work next fortnight in the next payroll run; no plans to change from Reckon at this stage but there must be some better payroll systems out there.