Can't find Personal Plus 2018 upgrade

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
I renewed my annual license for Reckon Accounts Personal Plus in late October 2017.  I didn't receive any notification of a 2018 version by email but have found discussion of it here in the community.  When I browse to http://members.reckon.com/Subscription/ logging in with my ID and pin, no products are listed under Members Area as indicated in other posts here.  How do I get the upgrade?
Photo of John Buchanan

John Buchanan

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Jenni Drum-Symes

Jenni Drum-Symes

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I presumed there was no up grade as I as well never got one
Photo of Archie

Archie

• 624 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Reckon makes no effort to inform users of the availability of new versions of Personal Plus.

I suggest you go to https://www.reckon.com/au/personal/ and download the trial version. 

After installing the trial version you should be able to activate it in the usual manner using the current Accounts Installation Key.

Backup data before you upgrade.  (This data can be imported into PP 2018.)

Install PP 2018 in a different folder from the earlier version.  Also place PP 2018 data in a different folder.

Try installing with the earlier version in place i.e. do not uninstall the earlier version until the 2018 version is installed and activated.

You should then be able to restore the previous backup into PP 2018.

Please remember that nothing can be guaranteed with Reckon software.  It is the worst piece of commercial software I have come across in a long career in computing.

Only undertake suggested procedures if you feel confident in doing so.  If, for any reason it does not work, I suggest you revert to the earlier version and contact customer support.

And always backup, backup, backup.
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 59,770 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi John,

Thanks for raising this with us, I've reported the site issue to our IT team this morning and we're looking into it as we speak.

I'll let you know as soon as this is resolved.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 59,770 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi John,
Access to the Downloads section of the Members Area is now restored and you should be able to obtain your download.

Thanks for your patience and apologies again for the inconvenience caused.
Photo of John Buchanan

John Buchanan

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Rav. All sorted