cant get capitals to work

Comments

• Anita Morton
    Anita Morton Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2019
    and there goes my numbers again, and we pay for this hahahahahaha, what a joke !!!
  • Anita Morton
    edited June 2019
    escaping from screens back to home page and trying to print reports - however these two items appear to be working now but numbers have gone again, extremely frustrating
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    This worked for me Rav and has continued to do so... would it help if those still experiencing issues were to let you know, in addition to which browser - but which operating system they are using?  I use Windows 7 and Opera - didnt have the num lock issue - but did have the caps lock - but fixed with log off, clear cache, log on process.  thanks Linda
  • Jane Birch
    Jane Birch Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2019
    Hi Jo-Anne you're not the only one!
    We are still experiencing issues 
    Rav - any updates????
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2020
    Hi Jane & Jo-Anne,
    We've tested out a few things however the method that has repeatedly provided a successful change is the clearing of the browser cache.

Can you both advise if you're following the process listed in the links in this Knowledgebase article? -
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5743

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have cleared the browser cache several times, and have again just now, just to be sure, but with  no luck. All other websites, emails, etc are working, just not Reckon.
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    Rav, I have done all of the above, gone back into Reckon and tried again. I am trying to enter supplier invoices. I enter the date using the RH keyboard it works, then when i go to enter Items, that's when it falters. I go to item list, doesn't work.Number lock is the problem on the RH keyboard
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    Rav it still is not working.....I have wasted a whole day trying to get this problem fixed. It is unacceptable. There must be a solution. I don't  know what else to do from my end. I have tried all suggestions, tried a new keyboard. it is not fixed!!!!!!!!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Jo-Anne,
    So let me confirm, its only the right hand keypad that isn't working but the numeral keys above the QWERTY letters are? Can you confirm?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    Rav that is correct. the right hand keypad is working for every other software program I am using, cloud based, emails, excel, word, etc. but not Reckon.
  • Stella Shen_10071072
    Stella Shen_10071072 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2019
    Rav, I have the same issue. And your understanding is correct. 
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Jo-Anne, are the numeral keys above the QWERTY keyboard ie. the letters working even though the keypad on the right isn't?

• Rav
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Stella.

• Anita Morton
    edited June 2019
    OK, so I've arrived this morning, cleared my cache, google / reckon hosted and still cannot use my RH keypad; numbers above work, but not RH which is what the most of us use and month end........... come on, what's happening !!
  • Anita Morton
    edited June 2019
    all other applications work with RH numbers, just not Reckon..........................please please please can we get this rectified today
  • Jo_9196492
    Jo_9196492 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2019
    I'm having the same problem with the keypad on the RH side of the keyboard - I cleared the cache, logged out, logged back in, they worked for a very short time then stopped working again. Am using Chrome.  Please help. Thanks
  • Anita Morton
    edited June 2019
    ok, so now I'm pretty upset; no one has replied to any of my comments/problems and I am now starting payroll, not happy at all with RH side not working; I keep clearing cache, log off log on and NO this does NOT work; can you advise you are still looking into this so we have some kind of hope this will be rectified !!! your response is greatly appreciated, since we do pay a premium for this service !!?
  • Jane Birch
    edited June 2019
    We were still having problems yesterday when I left, but so far all good this morning. 
    Fingers crossed it stays that way. 
    Apologies I didn't reply yesterday to your request Rav - we were following your exact procedure for clearing cache & issue was not resolved yesterday. 
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    When you first log in to Hosted there is a message saying to click "here" for more details.  That then takes you to this KB article: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5743  Have you tried everything in the KB article?
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    Robyn this solution is for capitals lock, the problem is number lock on the RH keyboard
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    Anita, there is a pause button on the keyboard beside ScrLk, try pressing that, it may work. I had to do that again this morning. 
    Reckon the problem is not solved
  • Jo_9196492
    Jo_9196492 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2019
    I just tried the pause button and the number pad started working. Thank you Jo-anne.
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    Reckon, why is this happening. By pressing the "pause" button, it appears to be working. WHY!!!!

• Anita Morton
    edited June 2019
    I've tried hitting the pause button and hasn't worked for me :( 
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    oh dear........are you able to get an IT person in to check everything for you. You shouldn't have to as it is a Reckon problem, but they may be able to give you a solution
  • Rav
    edited July 2020
    Hi everyone,
    We've continued to look at this behaviour and while it doesn't seem to be happening to everyone, the only time we've been able to replicate something similar is when attempting to use the right hand keypad AFTER turning on the CAPS lock button.

The Hosted team are looking into this however I don't have any further information at this stage but I'l update you all as soon as I do.

This isn't affecting the numeral keys above the QWERTY letter keys, and as has been mentioned above pressing the Pause button will re-enable the keypad however it needs to be pushed each time you enable caps lock.

I know its frustrating guys, and I'm really sorry that you've been contending with it for a while now. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I am using Opera today and everything seems to be working ok.
    John L G
  • Jane Birch
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav
    Great to hear you are still looking into it as we are still having issues after all! 
    Look forward to hearing issue has been resolved

• Resound Projects
    Resound Projects Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    To fix the Capital letter problem...Go to Edit at the top of Task bar in Reckon and select Preferences and then scroll down to Spelling and then tick the UPPER CASE Letters selection....I am not sure whether you need to log off and log back in ...it worked for me 
  • Resound Projects
    Resound Projects Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    To fix the Capital letter problem...Go to Edit at the top of Task bar in Reckon and select Preferences and then scroll down to Spelling and then tick the UPPER CASE Letters selection....I am not sure whether you need to log off and log back in ...it worked for me 
  • Stacy
    Stacy Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    I am also having problems with the right hand numbers part of the keyboard. Clearing the cache only fixes it temporarily, same with the pause button & using the capital letters doesn't seem to affect whether it works or not. I am using accounts hosted
  • KarenT_4188464
    KarenT_4188464 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2019
    I have the same issue - CAPS lock is fine but numbers not working.  Cleared cache etc, signed out then back in and still not working.  frustrating as I use these all the time

• Anita Morton
    edited June 2019
    now we have another problem, what is it with maintenance and then constant issues of usage !! I've just finished my payroll, put through STP and low and behold, there is an error on lodgement to the tax office, this hasn't happened before; is testing done before changes under maintenance input !!
    coming to year end, need STP working NOW !!!