Cant Load Quicken 2012 onto Windows 10

Nivkuf
Nivkuf Member Posts: 11
edited September 2019 in Personal Plus and Home & Business
Quicken 2012 CD won't load onto Dell Laptop with Windows 10 (64) I have been trying to do this for 2 days HELP!!!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    What is happening specifically Nivkuf?

Where in the process is it failing? What error messages are you receiving?

Can you give us an idea of the troubleshooting steps you've already undertaken in the last couple of days?

Please bear in mind, that version is not compatible with Windows 10 so its likely there may be errors in the operation of versions below 2016 on the Windows 10 OS.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nivkuf
    edited July 2017
    Yesterday I tried running it from the CD, it came up with the red box which I selected Install but it would not do anything at all. I read through heaps & heaps of  help topics tried the one that suggested something about NET.3 or something (couldn't find that in my list in control panel? Then I tried copying the CD to the hard drive this did not work & just now I tried to reinstall from the CD but it won't do anything now can't get it to run at all? Thank you for your help (I hope I am doing the right thing here on community as I have never used anything like this before)
  • Nivkuf
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav
    Are you still available to assist I have managed to get back to the red box which states install I can view all the user guides etc but it does not do anything when I click on the install.

Can anyone please help?
  • Nivkuf
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav
    I have managed to get the install to start to work with windows 10 it has now come up with an error exit code 1603
    Can you please advise what to do to over come this error please?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Nivkuf,

This KB article should help out with that particular error message -
    Error 1603 when installing Reckon Accounts Personal

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nivkuf
    edited July 2017
    Hi Kevin
    Yes I am logged in as administrator.
    How do I run in compatibility mode?
  • Nivkuf
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav
    Will work through the process you provided, but can you tell me I was working off the copy of the CD I put on my hard drive. 
    My question is should I be able to load Quicken 2012 from there or do I have to do it from the original CD I have supplied by Quicken in 2012?
    Thank you
  • Nivkuf
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav
    Thanks a million the process worked ok Quicken 2012 is installed & I have accessed it twice & exited it OK.
    So now I will attempt to Restore from my backups of quicken data bases from windows 8.
    Can you please confirm that this is all I have now to do?
    Thank you greatly appreciate your help!
  • Nivkuf
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav
    Restored backup and went through the registration process can access database all looks good.

Thank you for your help it will be interesting to see if it now works Ok without any problems.

You help is appreciated, thank you
    Cheers
  • Dee Dailey
    Dee Dailey Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2019

H'lo...

I am experiencing the same problems with my Quicken 2012 Starter Edition and my new HP computer with Windows 10 OS installed on it.  If the same procedure that worked for Nivkuf, above, will possibly solve my problems, is there anyway to get the full narrative of the steps you recommended to him? I am so happy this solution worked and pray these steps will work for me. 

Thank you so much in advance.

Diane

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2017

Hi Dee - can you confirm exactly which program you are using please - the Starter Edition is confusing me.

Thanks, Robyn Kelly

• George Calleja
    George Calleja Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2018
    Hi Robin.  No surprise I am having the same problem would appreciate assistance

regards
    George
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2018
    As Rav mentioned at the beginning of this post George:

"What is happening specifically?

Where in the process is it failing? What error messages are you receiving?

Can you give us an idea of the troubleshooting steps you've already undertaken?

Please bear in mind, that version is not compatible with Windows 10 so its likely there may be errors in the operation of versions below 2016 on the Windows 10 OS."??

Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • George Calleja
    edited September 2019
    Hi Robyn. I didn't get very far. On inserting the disc chose Australia, clicked install and that's it. Nothing happened. Suggestion of finding administrator and the use compatibility mode also got me nowhere as I couldn't find them.
  • George Calleja
    edited September 2018
    Not sure what's happening.  Sent two emails and now trying here.  Any help appreciated.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    edited September 2018
    Hi George - click "INSTALL" again over near the top right hand side :-)