Can't log in

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
I have been using reckon since July however I can't log in I put in my email and password and it just keeps loading I can't get in. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it still nothing what do no do ??
Photo of Elisha Humphreys

Elisha Humphreys

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,522 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Elisha,
Are you using the micro-business STP app or are you logging into the GovConnect service?

In either case, are you using the original email address & password that was used when the account was first created?

If you're still having trouble getting in, can you let me know 2 things; the ABN you've registered for STP and also let me know if the email address on your Community account is the same email address you're using to sign in for STP?
Photo of John

John

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same problem with the Reckon STP app.

I've just changed the device i'm using and just updated my password. Unfortunately I no longer have the app on the old device.

My email for the community account is the same and my ABN is 67149240504
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi John,
I've had a look at your ABN registration and I can see that it looks all good in terms of the email address side of things.

What are you experiencing specifically when you attempt to login?
Photo of John

John

Hi Rav

Once the app verifies my login information, I am greeted with a loading screen which never progresses into anything else, even after waiting 10+ minutes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times, but nothing ever happens after the log in screen

Attached is picture of the loading screen.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for that John.
Can you please try the following;
-  Close the app in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps. 
-  Go into your phone settings: Settings > Apps > Reckon STP > Storage > Clear Data
(Your path may vary depending on your phone & Android version).
-  Reopen the app and login.

Let me know if there's any change.
Photo of Elisha Humphreys

Elisha Humphreys

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav
Yes emails are the same my ABN is 82340307955
Still can't log in
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks Elisha,
When I check out your ABN registration in the app, its under an email address which isn't the same as the one registered to your Community account but rather what looks to be a business Gmail address.
You just need to ensure you're logging in with the correct email address.

Also, if you're having the same problem as John above and using the Android app, try the steps I've listed just above too.
Photo of John

John

Hi Rav,

That did the trick. Thanks