Can't make my customer email and phone contact details show on my Order template ...

Viv A
Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited February 2017 in Accounts Hosted
I am using Reckon Hosted on a Mac and have been successfully running Chrome (while using a different email client - this wasn't an option previously as Chrome was too smart and would close down tabs it perceived as duplicates - but that were in fact intentional for day to day info ... this being a note for admin who fall back on the "use Chrome - it fixes everything" line... )

I have a situation where I would like to be able to update customer phone and email information in the Sales Order screen (rather than going back to the Customer Centre). These data fields on my template will print - but are not visible on my screen during the entering of an order.  I have tried looking through my column customisation on the template ... but it doesn't show up there.

It seems that the data field is linking from the Customer Centre to my sales order template ... but doesn't seem to do the same in the opposite direction ie. from the order back to the Customer Centre.  Is there something I am missing? Or am I just stuck with having to leave the Sales Order screen to update details?

Hopefully someone else has had this happen and might have solved it? Fingers crossed and thanks !

Viv

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Vivien

Hmmm Yes, the CUSTOMIZE Sales Order doesn't offer a tick box option for 'screen' for those two fields of interest, and I agree.  It would be handy for those times you get followup business from a client who has changed phone number or email.   Been there in the past, in other products too!

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"

• Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Gary,
    Glad I made some sense... 
    I might pass this on as a suggestion. It's important for us to keep our customer details up to date - and ours change regularly ie. Contact Name & email etc.
    Cheers
    V
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Vivienne

You make perfect sense.   The number of clients that change their emails seems to grow faster every year,  particularly in one segment I was reading about on this forum: Real Estate - where they like to have 'people' in the email address rather than something that is generic and changeable to the next staff doing the task,  like accounts@xxxxx.com.au    and as a reuslt OUR next order/invoice needs to be adjusted for the NEXT email address.

Gary
    PS: I haven't changed my email address since 1997.
  • ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2015
    wow, you bet me, I had mine since 2001 .lol

Angie