Can't match transactions due to single bank deposit showing as 2 separate cheques on bank statement

Andrew_8635213
Andrew_8635213 Member Posts: 44
I can't work out how to match some transactions that I have downloaded using bankdata.

2 x cheques have been banked, and the deposit shows as one transaction in the register.

But they show as 2 x seperate transactions on the bank statement which means I am unable to match them using the "Match Transactions" screen.

Is there a way around this or should I just match what I can using this screen and then reconcile the others using the reconcile function?

Comments

• Andrew_8635213
    Andrew_8635213 Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2016
    Ah yes of course.  Thanks, I can see that would do the trick.

Yes, I did group them as I normally do. Isn't that how it is supposed to be done?  It has worked fine before when reconciling but this is the first time I have processed a deposit since using Bankdata feed.
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    the best practice for your bookkeeping is to enter everything the way it was actually done, not the way you think it should be done. Sometimes we have to stop thinking the best way and do it the way the other person has done it, saves heaps of time.