Can't print from Accounts Hosted

Rachel_7689706
Rachel_7689706 Member Posts: 27
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am using Accounts Hosted 2016 and had some changes happen over night, including the way printing works. Was working fine this morning but now when selecting print the print box appears, then a note saying 'printing report please wait' and then it disappears and nothing happens.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,251 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rachel,

Could you please try ending the session via the Hosted control panel, logging out and then retrying?

Does this occur when attempting to print anything via Hosted or just a certain task?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rachel_7689706
    edited March 2017
    Thanks - have tried that, deleted history and restart computer.

It is happening with all forms (invoices, purchase orders, sales receipts etc). Currently not working on 2 of our 10 logins.

Thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,251 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for getting back to me Rachel,

Does this also happen on alternate browsers as well?

Also, are you able to check if your local printer is set as the default option when attempting the print job through Hosted? ie. your usual printer

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rachel_7689706
    edited March 2017
    It doesn't even take us to the print screen for us to choose what printer to print to. The last screen that pops up is 'printing report, please wait' and then that disapears and nothing comes up, which would normally be where we can select the printer
    Thanks
  • Rav
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Rachel, does the same thing happen on another browser?

If you're using Chrome, can you please check this -
    Chrome > Settings> click the "Advanced Settings" link at the bottom > under the PRIVACY section click the "Content Settings" button > Scroll down at the very bottom and see if the PDF Documents is ticked.

If yes, please untick this and try again.

Let me know

• Jay Jay Li
    Jay Jay Li Alumni Posts: 36
    edited May 2020
    Hi Rachel, 
    Have you tried cross check and see if this maybe due to a web browser update? we have reports of this issue indicating is due to a local PC web browser problem, I would suggest try a 3rd party web browser such as google chrome or firefox (other than the one you are using now) and verify what the printing situation like on the other browser. 

• Craig Robertson
    Craig Robertson Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017
    I am having exactly the same problem as Rachel both in Safari and Google chrome. This problem needs to be fixed urgently as I need to print end of month invoices and end of financial year reports ASAP.
  • Rachel_7689706
    edited March 2017
    Have tried all of these suggestions - does not work!
    This morning none of my ten logins are printing!
  • Lorna Sanderson
    Lorna Sanderson Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2017
    I cant print, and the "help" line is not picking up

• IanC
    IanC Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2018
    I was printing, but not the 2 stage PDF printing. Now I can't print at all.
  • NM2021
    NM2021 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    same here for our three logins  - needs to be addressed urgently Reckon!  
  • Rav
    edited March 2017
    Hi folks, Are you all experiencing the same issues that Rachel has outlined in her post? And just confirming it occurs on all browsers?

• IanC
    edited October 2018

I have found a work around by Saving the item as a PDF on Reckon. Then down loading it and printing from the PDF. Long winded but gets the job done for now.

• NM2021
    NM2021 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Happening on Chrome for us .. system goes through the motions of printing to the Reckon printer ... but no pdf appears 
  • IanC
    edited October 2018

Rav, I was printing straight from Reckon to my printer, no PDF display in between since the last update. Then about 1 hour ago stopped printing all together. Which occurred about 15 seconds after my last print.

• Rachel_7689706
    edited March 2017
    Confirming it happens on all browsers for us. Chrome is our default but tried on IE and Firefox.

We are doing the same IanC - definitely long winded but better then nothing!
  • Rav
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for your reports everyone, We're investigating, I'll update the thread as soon as I receive further info on progress. I'm really sorry for the hassle and frustration!

• Lynley
    Lynley Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2017
    We're having the same problem!  Not printing on any server.

Comes up with offering "Reckon Printer  (redirected 52) on TS005 "  but when you click on print it proceeds as tho the report is printing but then all disappears and nothing further comes up????????????
  • Tim_6996483
    Tim_6996483 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2017
    FYI I am using Microsoft Edge, while my colleagues are using either Chrome or Internet Explorer. They are all having trouble, but I am fine, touch wood.
  • Sean Cresswell
    Sean Cresswell Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ian,

How do you download the PDF saved on the Reckon server? I tried the "download file" button, but can't get a working PDF to download. Instead, it offers a text file to download.

I've tried on both Microsoft Edge & Google Chrome.....no joy.
  • IanC
    edited March 2017

Hi Sean,

Go to FILE>Save as PDF, save document in My Live:

Remember where you saved it.

Go to the Toolbox>Download, and retrieve the file from where you saved it.

Hope this helps

• Rav
    edited March 2017
    Hi again everyone,

We've still got the team looking into this but in the meantime can I get a few of you to please try clearing your browser caches, then logout and end the active remote session via the Hosted control panel.
    Once that is done, can you please open a new browser and try again?

Let know how you get on,

Thanks guys
    Rav

• Rachel_7689706
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Rav - tried that multiple times with no luck
  • jacqueline_9012984
    jacqueline_9012984 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2017
    until issue resolved, we are using "email" option to print. bit quicker than long-winded "save as pdf".
  • Lynley
    edited March 2017
    Have tried above solve, and it does come up trying to print as a pdf but asking for permission to print!!
  • Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't print from RAH 2017 at all. The print method was changed on RAH 2016 on Friday.  This seemed to work ok from Mac using Firefox, Mac using Chrome and PC's using both Firefox and Chrome.

As requested we upgrade all our company files to 2017 and now cannot print at all.  

This is the key to an accounts system - the ability to print.  Can you please sort this urgently.  None of your NZ support numbers are working and your NZ telephone numbers are not working - either than or your website needs upgrading.

THIS IS URGENT PLEASE

Anyone else with any ideas to solve this please also help.

Very frustrating that upgrades are not fully tested before release.  Smll glitches I can understand on an upgrade but not being able to print - really!!!!!!!!
  • Sean Cresswell
    edited March 2017
    Yes, I did all of that...BUT, the download is a text [.TXT] file that has web addressing in the naming string, and cannot be renamed to a .PDF to restore.

I think I'll have to use the email to myself method, until this issue is resolved.

• Rav
    edited March 2017
    We're looking into this at the highest priority as we speak Shane, apologies for the frustration.

Check out the post from IanC above on a workaround he is utilising in the interim, it may be useful while we're getting this sorted.

More info to follow

• Rav
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for trying Rachel & Lynley

• Lynley
    edited March 2017

Also won't work on our other logins!!

• Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2017
    We have a partial workaround and are emailing the invoices to ourselves and then printing from the attached PDF but this only works if you can bring up the email dialog to allow you to change this.  Sometimes if you select email it just sends an email

For most companies we have these set with a BCC to ourselves anyway but a couple we don'g.  Hope this helps others
  • JER
    JER Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2017
    Hi ,

I cannot print to my local printer either.  Under Print Reports/Settings the Printer circle is checked but the selection box is greyed out.  In the greyed out box is "Reckon printer (redirected 60) on TS003".  When I go into Options, I get Factory defaults for ecoSAMRT settings. I  cannot print anything.

• Sean Cresswell
    edited March 2017
    Hi there JER,

You'll have to use the "Email" [to yourself] function to get either an Excel or PDF file of your report[s] for now.
  • Rav
    edited March 2017
    Hi guys,

Just checking in,

We're making progress on the issue and I should have a clearer picture on it and more info coming up shortly.

Thanks heaps of bearing with us, and apologies again for all the hassle this morning!

Stay tuned.

Cheers
    Rav

• Rav
    edited March 2017
    Sorry everyone, it's taking a little longer to get a firm update and ETA than I anticipated. 

Hang in there, we're still on this. 

• Rav
    edited March 2017
    Hi again everyone,

I'm really sorry it's taken longer than expected but I'm pleased to advise this issue should now be resolved.

You'll need to end the active session(s) via the Hosted control panel and then logout of Hosted.

Once that is complete, open a new browser, log back into Hosted and retry printing.

If you continue to have any trouble please let me know

Thank you all for your patience and apologies again for the frustration caused today.

• jacqueline_9012984
    jacqueline_9012984 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2017
    yes, that works. still have mouse issues