Can't print GST 101 (everything else prints fine)

Sara - Balancing Numbers
Sara - Balancing Numbers Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
edited May 2017 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, I'm using RA Hosted (NZ version), and having issues printing GST 101A.  I've followed the instructions re "trust this document", and get to the point where I can see the document but then I get "Printer not activated, error code -20" when I try to print it to the Reckon Printer screen.  I'm reluctant to delete all print files, because all other documents are printing perfectly well out of RA Hosted.  

I also find if I cancel it and try to print again, I don't even get to see the GST 101A, just the Report in RA.  

Comments

• Jimbo_3275020
    Jimbo_3275020 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2017
    I had this problem today (and was meant to be done by the 7th !) GST 101
    Have noticed before that you only get one shot at printing the form and the same today.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi guys,

A couple of things to check off,

Firstly, is your printing destination set as the Reckon printer? Although this doesn't have the option to be changed it's just worth checking. 

The second is, to log off the remote session within the Hosted control panel, logout and then retry.

Does the same issue persist after this?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi again guys,

I've just received some further info on this 

On the GST101, if you click Print, it will print as a normal Reckon Accounts Hosted report.

If you click Print GST101 Form it will open a PDF in Adobe. From Adobe, if you print it actually defaults to print to Reckon Accounts V4 PDF Converter, which will have the -20 error

Make sure you select 'Reckon Printer (redirected XX)' as the print destination and it will be fine.

Jim, you mentioned that you can only print once. The reason for this is because, after clicking OK on the -20 error you get returned to Hosted, however, there is a second error message in the background which needs to be acknowledged.

To do this, change the Hosted window size and you'll see an error that you can click OK on and then reprint. (example below)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jimbo_3275020
    Jimbo_3275020 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2017
    Thankyou - actually discovered printer error after I had logged out of remote server and back in and could see the GST 101 form again - so thought I'd print to my PDF printer then selected the XX printer as you suggest.  Worked fine