Can't save invoices in Reckon One

gr
gr Member Posts: 25
edited April 2019 in Reckon One

Every single month I have a problem with saving invoices. I might manage to save one but that’s it. What is the problem with your software? I’m getting to the point where I’m seriously considering moving to another provider.

Could you please fix this issue urgently as I need to send out our invoices.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2017
    Hi GR,

Which browser are you using when you encounter this error? 
    Are you presented with any error messages?

Does the same problem occur when you test on an alternate browser?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• gr
    edited October 2017
    Hi Rav
    I use Chrome but the same happens when I use Edge or Firefox. The error message is "An unexpected error occurred." That's it. No explanation. This is about the 4th month that this has happened!
    Gail
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2017
    Hello gr,

If the browser is not contributing to the problem then the invoice contains characters that cannot be processed by Reckon One.  Check that numerical fields contain numbers only and no spaces or text.  In text fields remove any non-alphanumeric characters except full stops and commas.  

Does it make any difference?

regards,
    John
  • gr
    edited October 2017
    Hi John

The invoices do not contain characters that can't be processed by Reckon One. It happens either when I try to produce a new invoice, or copy one and just change the date and amounts.

It has righted itself this morning and I've been able to do my invoices.

We send our invoices out first thing each month and this happens every single month. Not good enough to be without this function for two days.
  • gr
    edited November 2017
    This has not been solved!! It's the first of the month again and I'm trying to do invoices again and the same thing is happening.

• Rachel Zhong
    Rachel Zhong Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2017
    I've got the same problem. regardless what browser I use, it happens from time to time. very annoying!!!!

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2017
    Hello GR and Rachel,

I'm sorry to hear this is a continuing issue for you.  If there are no errors in your form then please call Technical Support for further 1 to 1 assistance on the issue.  

regards,
    John
  • Mandy_9125583
    Mandy_9125583 Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2019
    I'm having the same problem, it seems to be a bit random but more often it happens when i move some of the line items around. Saves fine then if i swap (drag up or down) I then get the same error "An unexpected error occurred." Very frustrating as you loose anything unsaved. I'm in the habit now of saving more frequently to prevent big losses.