Can't use Manual upload CSV. Format

Rachel Zhong
Rachel Zhong Member Posts: 10
edited September 2018 in Reckon One
I have tried a few time to upload the CSV format bank statement to Reckon One.
Could you please help to fix it? Thanks.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    What is happening when you try to perform an upload Rachel?

Are you getting an error message? Which browser are you using? Does the same issue occur on a different browser as well?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rachel Zhong
    Rachel Zhong Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,

There is no error message turning up. Click the manual upload button and waiting as normal. Then there is nothing here yet... status of completed is NO. I use firefox and chrome to upload, both browser got same result. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Rachel
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rachel,

Check your actions against the video guide:   Reckon One – Import a CSV Bank Statement

regards,
    John
  • Skye McClymont_9156816
    Skye McClymont_9156816 Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2018
    Hello, tacking on to this thread in relation to manual uploads.  I did a manual upload, selected the DR & CR columns, but it seems all of the transactions have come in as 'money in' amounts, instead of some debits and some credits as per my statement.  Can I remove the uploaded items (all of, or just the incorrect ones) and then can I continue to reconcile with no manual upload and no automatic upload?  Thanks.
  • Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited September 2018

Hi Skye

Normally the bank will provide the CSV file with a single column for the amount, where it indicates the ‘Money Out’ transactions as negative balance (by inserting the ‘Minus’ symbol in front) and ‘Money In’ transactions will show as positive amount, (with no ‘Plus’ symbol in front).

When you upload the CSV file you will need to map this amount column to the ‘Amount’ header. Therefore, when you import it further, Reckon One will automatically, import them correctly and allocate it as payment or receipt, accordingly.

i.e All the negative amount will import as ‘Money out’ transactions and you will be able to allocate it as allocate payment transactions

All the positive amount will import as ‘Money in’ transactions, therefore allowing you to record it as ‘Allocate receipt’.

Further, as you wish to delete the incorrect import, could you please follow through this instruction on how to delete all the incorrect upload transactions in bulk, and try uploading it again with the correct mapping as explained above.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards

Shisir
  • Skye McClymont_9156816
    edited September 2018
    Thank you Shisir, that worked to delete the uploaded transactions very easily.  Going to try an upload for the next month's transactions and finish the current reconciliation that I'm working on without an upload.  If I have any more troubles I will be sure to post back to this thread.  Thanks for the help.

• Skye McClymont_9156816
    edited September 2018
    Ok, worked out what happened.  Although the transactions were in debit and credit columns on the export file, and I marked them as debit and credit when I uploaded them, the amounts in the debit column had a minus sign in front.  So clever Reckon shifted them over to the credit side.  Needed to do a bit of editing in my csv file before upload, but I now have it right. 
  • Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the Update Skye, and glad you have figured it out.

Just out of curiosity, you mentioned that in your CSV file, you have Dr and Cr amount, was it from Paypal feed by any chance? Cause, I know that PayPal exports have that such fields on their export.

On my test, for ANZ bank, they had a single column for the amount with positive and negative amounts in it, and Reckon  One will automatically recognise -ve amount as Money Out type of transactions.

Regards

Shisir