How to resolve errors (-6073, -816 & -6129,0)

Options
Linda Peyton
Linda Peyton Member Posts: 1
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
when trying to save the new company file it stated an error occurrred (-6129,0) and if I go to open the company file says that another user created it and can't be opened unless I change to a multi-user setting? However I installed Reckon and saved the company file on the one business computer that will use it? Why wont the company file open? The error message states "ReckonAccounts is unable to open this company file. It may have been oped by another user. You should ask that user to switch to multi-user mode so you can both use the company file at the same time. The file could be located in a read-only network folder. If it is, ask your system administrator to make the file accessible (-6073, -816)

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Linda,

Thanks for your enquiry to the Community.

The error code (-6129, 0) could be due to numerous reasons.
    1) You may have just updated your tax tables and this error can appear.
    2) The anti-virus you have can conflict with saving a new company file.
    3) You could have a computer that has turned hosting on when it should not be.
    4) Networking configuration has not been correctly configured in Reckon Accounts
    (If you are still experiencing the above error code write back to me and I will provide a more specific guide based on the number you pick. Eg 1, 2, 3, 4)

To let you know the usual set-up for Reckon Accounts on a network is as follows:
    Setup Type 1)
    -Server with Reckon Accounts Database File Server Manager Only installed
    -Computer(s) with Reckon Accounts Client Only installed.
    -A properly configured network where the computer can access the server with full read/write access.

Setup Type 2)
    -Computer #1 with Reckon Accounts Database File Server Manager & Reckon Accounts Client installed.
    -Additional computer #2 with Reckon Accounts Client Only installed.
    -A properly configured network where computer #2 has full read/write access to computer #1.

Alternative Setup Type 3)
    -Computer #1 with Reckon Accounts Database File Server Manager & Reckon Accounts Client installed.
    -Computer #1 accessing a NAS Drive
    -Additional computer #2 with Reckon Accounts Client Only installed.
    -A properly configured network where computer #1 & #2 have full read/write access to the NAS Drive.

If you have met the above requirements and the error code (-6073, -816) is still occurring, this can be due to a damaged *.ND file that will need to be re-created.
    The following is a guide that may help you solve the error code (-6073, -816). It is a lengthy guide and may take you some time to go through. It is advised to allocate yourself ample time.
    http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=3949

Please write back and let me know if you require additional information alternatively you may be able to contact our Technical Support call centre as these networking issues are tricky to go through.

Regards,
    Alex