File does not open after reinstalling Quickbooks 2009-10

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
I have just reinstalled quickbook 2009-10 onto a new computer now I cant open my company file what update do I need? I have tried "Quickbooks 2009-10 DB Server Manager update.exe" this fails saying the company file server isnt installed. The only other update I can see is the Empdupe this is a broken link on the Reckon site.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ifti

Ifti, Product Owner

• 6,606 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your post.

I think it's the R2 update (Tax table update) that you had installed on your previous PC and your file is upgraded to that.

The update is available only to our current Advantage members. If it's not visible to you anymore, than you might not be a current Advantage member.

However, you still might have a copy of the file in your previous PC. Please do a search for QuickBooks 2009-10 SP1 V2.exe.

If you can find that, copy over here and do the following:
1) Activate QuickBooks 2009/10
2) Restart computer and double click on the file to install tax table update and your QuickBooks 2009/10 will become R2 (Release 2)
3) Restore your file 

If you don't have the file, please contact Customer service on 1800 RECKON (732 566).

Thanks.

Ifti
Photo of Leah Knowling

Leah Knowling

• 60 Points
Hi Andrew. I was wondering if you ever found the 2009-10 SP1 V2.exe file on your computer. I have the same problem and was wondering if you did and if it fixed your problem. I can't find that file, so was wanting to see you if you did find it, whether you could email it to me. I will give you my email addresss if I hear back from you. I realise your original post was 2 years ago. Thanks Leah
Photo of Kim Chapman

Kim Chapman

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Hi Leah

2009-10 SP1 V2.exe will be the tax patch that you would have downloaded at the time you installed the tax patch and updated to the latest tax tables.  If you have not kept this file, then it is only available for download when you have either a current advantage membership or subscription. Sorry.

Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Leah,

Thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

We have a revamped downloads site at http://members.reckon.com/Subscription/DownloadSoftware.aspx where you can download old versions.  You will need your Customer ID and PIN number to enter the site. 

For 2009/10 only the R2 version is available - that means you'll have to uninstall your current R1 installation and re-install with the downloaded file.  

If you have any problems with this download please call our Customer Service on 1800RECKON.

Hope all goes well.

regards,
John

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.