Capital Gains Report Error in Personal Plus 2018

Bob_6662651
Bob_6662651 Member Posts: 21
edited September 2019 in Personal Plus and Home & Business
I  run Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2018, Release R1, on a Windows 10 desktop PC.

I recently sold two parcels of shares in the same company on two different days to exit my holding in that company.

Both transactions appear correctly in the list of all my transactions in my Investment Account, but when I generate a Capital Gains Report, only the last parcel sold appears, but its date is incorrect (it is the same as the date of the first parcel sold) and the CG calculation is wrong.

I deleted the two sales and re-entered the data, but the problem still exists. When I tried to choose 'Minimum Gain' as an option, I got the message 'insufficient units available' - although a manual check showed the correct number of bought units existed.

I created a new Capital Gains Report from scratch, but the problem persists.

I performed a Validation of the File, but no errors were detected.

Any ideas on how to resolve the problem?

Bob

Comments

• Trevor Price
    Trevor Price Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2019
    I am using PP2015 and have had incorrect CGT reports.  My workaround is to select Investing/Portfolio and the share in question which open up Security Detail View. Here in Transaction History I scroll to the first entry and open it.  Then I simply click done and rerun the CGT report. Hope this works for you.
  • Bob_6662651
    Bob_6662651 Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2018
    Well done, Trevor! Your method works like a charm for me as well. I am much obliged to you.

How on earth did you work out the workaround? Sheer genius?

Bob
  • Denise
    Denise Member Posts: 8
    edited March 26

I have just had the same experience

in Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022 Release R1 on Windows 10 PC.

When I tried to open the SELL transaction to check the tax lots applied to the sell, Reckon crashed, so I did the send a report step.

It impacted 2 different securities. I had deleted and reentered the sequence of buys and sells to fix it.

Then later the error came back so I searched here.

The fix above seems to work - thank you Trevor!!. Hoping it will hold the transactions so they don't crash out again.

One security had historically been in 2 different portfolios. Needed to action as per instructions above, in the first (buy) transaction in the relevant portfolio to correct the issue.

Is this something that the Reckon technical team are looking at fixing more permanently?

For me, I also tried the validation process and it impacted the portfolio cash balance because it did not deduct from the cash balance previously posted withholding tax on dividends where no TFN/ABN had been provided to the registry, compounding the problem. I was able to locate and open the 2 historical WHT transactions, DONE (effectively reposting them) and the portfolio cash balance corrected itself.