cash flow boost (CFB) applied to activity statement

43midget .
43midget . Member Posts: 13
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, I have just processed our BAS as Sole Trader in Hosted. The ATO have applied a cash Flow Boost (CFB) to our activity statement. How do i process this in Hosted please? It is in relation to COVID19, but it is not anything to do with the Jobkeeper $1500 package.
Hoping you can help
Thanks 
Laurie

Comments

• 43midget .
    edited July 2020
    Sorry, i have just noticed this question  by Leshelle, i will follow that string. it didn't come up originally in my search.
    Thanks Laurie
  • Peter French
    Peter French Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2020
    Was the CFB related to PAYG in your return?
  • 43midget .
    edited April 2020
    Yes
  • 43midget .
    edited April 2020
    It was credited to our integrated client account.
  • Carla Stranieri
    Carla Stranieri Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020
    The Original Cash Flow Boost received is an adhoc amount worked out by the ATO, so not all businesses get the same amount, neither does it reflect on any particular amount from our BAS figures.  I am also looking to how to best process this payment in Reckon Hosted.  thank you.
  • Andrea Taylor
    Andrea Taylor Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2020
    Hi Carla

The Cash Flow Boost is $10 000.  The amount you receive in  your account is the difference between the $10 000 and what your BAS says you owe.   ie.  Your BAS totals $6300 made up of GST owing plus PAYG Withholding plus PAYG Income tax installment.  You would receive $3700 in your bank account.  This is all shown on your ATO Business Portal Integrated Client Account.

I am also trying to find the best way to process this in Reckon Hosted.  I believe we need to make up a Cash Boost Clearing account.  I have chosen Record Deposit for the amount of $10 000 to this account.  I then processed my BAS as normal to reduce my liabilities.  I then transferred the remainder from the Cash Boost Clearing account to my actual bank account.  This should be the same amount the ATO deposited into your account.

• Anne Bradley
    Anne Bradley Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    Hi Andrea - I agree with this approach as it clears the GST and PAYG Withholding liabilities as usual, reconciles the cash at bank and does not impact the P & L.
  • Andrea Taylor
    Andrea Taylor Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Anne.  Nice to have confirmation I was thinking straight :)

• Anne Bradley
    Anne Bradley Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    Likewise - I did exactly that when the ATO processed the CFB to our integrated account then refunded the balance. I was beginning to think I had oversimplified when I read other responses!
This discussion has been closed.