Celeste Mace

Celeste Steele
Celeste Steele Member Posts: 3
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
PAYG payment Summary.  Payroll reports shows correct amount of Salary Sacrafice paid for the year ($75 each fortnight for 25 fortnights = $1,875).  Creating PAYG Summary for employee and RESC amount shows as 1 payment less of $1,800.  How do we correct this?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
  • Mary_7034598
    Mary_7034598 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I have the same problem, just for one employee. Figures for identical employee are correct. The same thing happened last year and my notes say I had to allow the RESC column to find the offending paycheque then delete and re-enter the sal. sac. Wish I could remember how I did that but know I got the advice from Reckon Community then so will keep searching. :(

• John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Hi Mary.  Did you see my response above which has the answer for you.  I will repeat the specific response as follows:

Hi Susan.  This is an "age old" problem and usually surfaces at the end of the year when Payment Summaries are produced.  There is a way to fix this.  Have a look at the following Knowledge Base article for a solution on how to correct the problem:
              http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5324

I have found that solution 2 works the best for me.
    John L G
  • Celeste Steele
    Celeste Steele Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Thank you John for your help, I have now solved the problem 
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Excellent - thanks for letting know.
    John L G
  • Mary_7034598
    Mary_7034598 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks John, I found the old link and fixed the problem. All of the RESC amounts were showing correctly on the Super Report so I opened each pay & re-entered sal. sac. amounts. I had done that for 20 pays before the problem was corrected. Is there some way I could tell which was the offending pay? There had been no change to sal. sac. details throughout the year so I am puzzled as to why this happened.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Hi Mary.  If you had to do changes to 20 of the pays then all of them were a problem.  Whichever name shows up on the report, that is a problem pay run.  I don't know why this happens, but it does happen repeatedly for various people.  I had two myself again this year.  Whether there is some specific input issue that we are all guilty of, or whether it is a bug in the Reckon system, is something that I don't know.  I suspect though that it is a bug within the Reckon system as it has been happening for many, many years now.  Reckon have never offered a solution as to why this happens, only a way to fix the problem.  In hindsight, it would be beneficial to run this report periodically throughout the year, in order to fix things "as they happen" rather than at the end of the year when we are all under lots of stress.

You only have to do the delete/reinstate, for those people whose names show up on the list as problem ones.

John L G