Certificate error when using Firefox

Jon Beets
Jon Beets Member Posts: 14
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
When I click on Launch Accounts 2017 R2 using Firefox (version 56.0), I get the following error:

An error occurred during a connection to hosted.reckon.com.au. Invalid OCSP signing certificate in OCSP response. Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_INVALID_SIGNING_CERT

There is no continue option.  If I try Edge, the same problem does not occur.

Searching for SEC_ERROR_OCSP_INVALID_SIGNING_CERT and Firefox finds a number of hits with other sites having the same problem.  One post lists a way of turning this behavior off in Firefox, if you are keen.  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-ecoms/secerrorocspinvalidsigningcert...

Clicking on Show site information for the page, choosing the >, then clicking More information, and then the Security tab displays the technical details of the error as shown in the attached screen shot.

As I am not willing to turn off the checking in Firefox, looks like I will use Edge until Reckon fix this!

Comments

• Andrew Dore
    Andrew Dore Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2017
    Same here John. I open Hosted on Safari and had no issues.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2020
    Hi there Jon,

Can you let me know if you're still experiencing this issue today?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Zubair Aboo
    Zubair Aboo Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    The issue would appear to be isolated to build 56.0 / 32 or 64 bit. Updating to 56.0.1 did not have the same error. Nor did previous builds. 
  • Jon Beets
    edited October 2017
    Rav,

No certifcate error today.  Thanks.
  • Jon Beets
    edited October 2017
    I do no get the certificate error now, and I have not updated Firefox.