Change company details STP

Ben_9710709
Ben_9710709 Member Posts: 16
I've been getting this error when attempting to lodge the STP: I think it's because there's a hyphen in the phone number in STP, but I can't find where to edit the phone number stored. I could only find how to edit the company name.

Is there a way to edit the other company details including the phone number in the STP portal?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Ben,
    You cannot update the details within GovConnect STP, it needs to be updated in your accounting program before exporting into GovConnect.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ben_9710709
    edited July 2019
    That was fast! Is it possible to re-export the details to GovConnect somehow?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hey Ben,
    After correcting the required details, you'll just need to repeat the export process from your Reckon accounting software again and send the new pay event export file through the GovConnect STP portal.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ben_9710709
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,

Based on the error message I was under the impression the error is on the Reckon GovConnect phone number, not the one in the accounting software (the GovConnect number has a hyphen, the one in accounting doesn't). I'll try changing it in the Reckon accounting software for now and upload a replacement file.

I tried adding another Govconnect product with the exact same ABN, but it appears to have populated the fields with completely different details and added an additional company, so I now have two of the exact same company on the Reckon portal.

• Rav
    edited August 2018
    The address and phone number data is pulled from what is listed in the accounting software to display in GovConnect. I'm assuming your using Reckon Accounts Business (desktop)?

The phone number for the company info is pulled into the export file from the Payroll Information field in your Company Information (see my screenshot example below).

Also, ensure that all your employees have a valid phone number listed against their record with no special characters or symbols etc.

• Ben_9710709
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Rav! I was looking at the wrong field for the phone number in Reckon. I've updated the correct one and reextracted all the STP files, fingers crossed!

Is it possible to delete extra companies from Reckon GovConnect? There are currently two with the exact same ABN, one with no submissions at all that's just a duplicate.
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Does this additional (unrequired) STP entity have a different branch number to the proper (correct) STP entity? 

• Ben_9710709
    edited August 2018
    Hi again Rav,

As far as I can tell it should be the same (there shouldn't be different branches). The only difference is the data was autofilled after I entered the ABN so it has a blank address, different email, contact name and software ID.
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    At the stage, there is no provision to delete STP entities from GovConnect, its untested and requires further investigation. But the reason I asked about the branch number is because you shouldn't be able to create any additional STP entities with the same ABN unless ?a different branch number has been entered.

Can you just check if there are any differences between the two STP entities where my screenshot shows the branch.

• Ben_9710709
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,

Both of the entities do not have a GST branch listed. The two with the blue names are the same entity with the same ABN.

• Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hmm.. interesting. I'll need to chat with our STP dev to get some insight on why its displaying like that. I'll come back to you on this.

• Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hey Ben,
    Just following up on this after having a chat with our STP guru, can I please get the ABN number that you've used on those two STP entities (in blue from your screenshot) so we can take a bit of a closer look.

• Ben_9710709
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,

No worries the ABN is: 12 085 438 204
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hey Ben,
    For the STP upload that you did yesterday after correcting the phone number details etc, has that gone through successfully? ie. what is the ATO status message when you go into that payrun now?

Also, just to clarify your screenshot. The STP entity with the black banner, is that the correct one for your ABN?

ie. The two with blue banners, are both incorrect and unnecessary?

• Ben_9710709
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,

The submission put through after correcting the phone number details succeeded with an ATO status of "Success", though a few of the older ones with errors that I resubmitted as a full file replacement came back with the following error:
    • We were unable to process your submission because we could not locate the submission that you have requested to be replaced
    Only one of the blue banner companies is redundant (the one added yesterday with no entries). The other one is correct and the black banner is just a separate company with a different ABN.

• Ben_9710709
    edited August 2018
    Somewhat related question - is it possible to export earlier payruns? I've now only got the last 3 payruns showing in the STP lodgement screen on Reckon, but I need to reexport an earlier pay run as a non full file replacement due to the ATO error mentioned in my previous message.
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hey Ben,
    Ok, so for the two STP entities, in the database it shows that one of the entity's has a branch number input against it whereas the other doesn't which at least explains why they were able to be created. In terms of removing the redundant one, we don't really have a provision for it at this stage to be honest and it requires more investigation/development on our part. One thing to note, any STP entities that have had any data uploaded to it will not be looked at all for removal.

In regard to the earlier pay events, STP submissions operate on a YTD basis so these will have been updated with your most recent successful upload.

• Susan Shaw
    Susan Shaw Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,

I am using 2 Company Files in my hosted and have submitted STP Final Pays for both.  The first one was successful, (submitted on Tuesday) but the 2nd one (submitted on Thursday) has come back with an error saying the ATO cannot deserialize the information.  The 2 Companies have the 1 ABN, with the additional of a branch code for 1 of the Companies. I have tried resubmitting through the portal and get a bar saying success, however nothing happens. Within the portal there is only 1 ABN.  Is this causing a problem? or do you have other information on how to fix it. Looking forward to hearing from you - Sue
  • Vincent li
    Vincent li Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    i have changed the company information but it still does not work . which part of the accounting program do you mean before i exported to GovConnect.