Change company details

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I set up the STP app with the incorrect company name and ABN.
It should be my family Trust and not my company.
How can I change the app to the Trust for pay runs.
Cheers 
Phil Flambas
Photo of Phil Flambas

Phil Flambas

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,522 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Phil,
If you haven't sent any submissions yet from the incorrect ABN then I can delete it from your app account.

Can I grab the ABN that you have currently registered into the app please and I'll take a look.
Photo of Phil Flambas

Phil Flambas

Hi Rav,

The wrong ABN is 26073706653

The ABN of the company I want to use is 24078539450

That should be for "Trustee for the Flambas Family Trust"

Cheers
Phil Flambas
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me Phil.
I've had a look and there has been a submission sent from the app for this ABN so I can't delete it from your account at this stage.
Can you confirm if the submission was successful or returned an Error status?
If its an error, please let me know the full error message that was returned from the ATO for the submission.
Photo of Phil Flambas

Phil Flambas

Hi Rav,

The error just says declined by ATO. It must be because I used the wrong company.
I contacted the ATO and they now have the correct ABN and company name (Trustee for the Flambas Family Trust).

Another problem is that when I had a problem with the app, I uninstalled it and then used another email address for the new download.
The original email address is pflambas@bigpond.com - that is the one the one I want to continue to use.
The other email address is ppflambas@bigpond.com - that's the one I don't want to use.

Cheers
Photo of Phil Flambas

Phil Flambas

Hi Rav,

Can you delete the two STP app IDs I have given the ATO when I registered with them?
I can then reinstall the STP app with the correct ABN and give the ATO the new ID number.
Cheers
Phil
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Phil,
I can't delete anything at this stage because of the sent submission. Instead I've sent this case to our app devs to look at removing the incorrect ABN from your app account. I'll need to come back to you on this aspect once I hear back from them in regard to the removal.

In regard to the email address ppflambas@bigpond.com. I've had a look at this in our system and its showing there are no accounts created under this email address. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Just getting back to you on this Phil.
The app devs have advised they have removed the incorrect ABN from your app account now.
What you'll need to do is logout of the app if you haven't already and then close the app in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps.

Log back in after a couple of minutes and the app will ask you to register an ABN again so you can enter your correct ABN.
Photo of Phil Flambas

Phil Flambas

Hi Rav,

When I log in now and put in the correct ABN the app says that the correct company (Trustee for the Flambas Family Trust) is already registered and asks me to log in again.
When I do log in, it takes me back to finding the ABN for the correct company. When I do that, it again says that the correct company is already registered and asks me to log in again and find the ABN, then asks me to login etc. etc.- this is a continuous loop.
What now?

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Phil,
When I take a look at the correct ABN (24078539450), I can see this was registered in the app back in August and its under a Gmail address.
There have been submissions sent for it as well so its another case where I can't delete it because the submissions.

My advice to you is to login with with the correct Gmail email address & password that was used when the account was first created for the correct ABN.
If you're not sure of the password for the account, use the password reset option and enter the Gmail email address that was used.
Photo of Phil Flambas

Phil Flambas

Hi Rav,

Using the Gmail address seems to work for the log in.
I'll try to send pay data to the ATO tomorrow.
Thanks for your patience but the process has been very confusing for me.
I'll contact you if the ATO rejects my submission.
Cheers,
Phil