change of ABN

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Hi there, 

I have been using Reckon STP from 1 July for my church however we have since undergone a restructure and have incorporated. We now have a new ABN that is backdated to the 1 July.

How would I go about changing this on the app? 

Currently the account is under "Hope Methodist Church" ABN: 99 574 632 068

The new account should now be under "Hope Methodist Church Inc" ABN: 60 599 357 019

There has been 3 successful submissions under the current account can you please advise if i need to adjust / resubmit new entries?

Many thanks

Joy
Photo of Joy Chang

Joy Chang

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 90,930 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Joy,
The first thing I'd recommend is to have a chat with the ATO specifically in regard to the situation around the successful submissions for the former ABN and if/what impact that has for the new ABN moving forward.

It will likely give a better idea on where to progress for the new ABN.
Photo of Joy Chang

Joy Chang

Hi Rav, 

I have rung the ATO and they have advised that I enter adjustments to zero out previous submissions first.

They then said that I would need a new Software ID for the new ABN and to resubmit all entries from 1 July. Can you please advise how I would go about obtaining a new software ID?

Thanks

Joy
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 90,930 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for that Joy.
A new Software ID is created when the ABN is registered on the app. So what you need to do is sign up for a new account on the app (you'll need to use a separate email address) and register the new ABN on the app.
You'll see the new Software ID in the 'Settings' section of the app once that is done.
Photo of Joy Chang

Joy Chang

Hi Rav, 

I have 2 questions:

1. I've entered in adjustments for my previous 3 submissions to cancel them out. I did this by entering negative amounts in the same areas (i.e. Gross Pay & Super). 2 of the submissions were successful however the last adjustment was declined by the ATO stating that either a super liability amount or OTE amount must be supplied. When I try to reenter my adjustment it wont' let me enter negative amounts anymore. How do I get around adjusting my last submission if this is the case?

2. Currently the existing email address linked to the account is a church email address. Is it possible to change the email address that is currently linked to the account so that I can use the church email address when I register the new ABN on the app?
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 52,130 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If it's a new employer you will need to re register for the app