Change supplier ABN retrospectively for TPAR

Karen Robinson_9637953
Karen Robinson_9637953 Member Posts: 5
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have been contacted by a supplier who obviously had an ATO audit and we need to now lodge an amended TPAR for 2016/17 financial year as we were not advised of their entity change to a company with a new ABN.
Am I able to simply change the supplier to the new supplier name/ABN and re-run & lodge an amended report?
Additionally does anyone know if I would need to show a credit amount for the incorrect ABN and a debit for the correct ABN? 
If I do have to re-create entries I'm wondering if I can do just one entry for the total amount rather than showing each individual invoice?

Thank you in advance of your response.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2018
    Hello Karen,

Thanks for asking.

Not a problem with Reckon Accounts Business - the TPAR file generator has a Generate Taxable Payment as 'Amended' checkbox.  Update your Supplier's ABN and run the report again and tick the checkbox to mark as amended.

regards,
    John
  • Kevin Whiting_9030083
    Kevin Whiting_9030083 Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2018
    Without knowing the exact details, it sounds like the supplier now has a new identity as an incorporated body (company), whereas previously it wasn't incorporated and had a different ABN.

If this is the case, you need to create the new entity, rather than change the name of the old entity.  You should look at the date of incorporation (ASIC) or the ABN date (ABR) and retrospectively change the transactions form that date from the old entity to the new entity.  You will need to re-allocate payments to invoices as they will become disconnected by being moved to another entity.
  • Karen Robinson_9637953
    Karen Robinson_9637953 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2018
    Thank you both for your response.

I'm relieved to see that I haven't done the wrong thing!