Changing Administrator

Options
Kate Meigan
Kate Meigan Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I had our Office Manager as our Reckon Administrator, she has since left and I need to change the Administrator over to another user. How do I go about it?

Comments

• brian_7664759
    brian_7664759 Member Posts: 50
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Mr Reckon Accounting 2018 on W19 forces a close down each time I backup. Reckon support says this is because I have to be Administrator to change it. I have no idea how to change Administrator. Perhaps you can help.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Brian

The default user of a reckon file is 'admin', if you are the only user and the desktop version you don't always have a password, if you do, you login in as user 'admin' and password for admin.  

Once logged in as admin you have access to everything, including setting up additional users and passwords and user roles if they have restricted access.  'admin' user is different to a user have admin rights.

If you have had  a change of staff, once you login as admin you can go to company tab and change the password.  If you weren't given it you can use 'forgot password' and an email will be sent to reset it.  If you don't have access to that email you are stuffed, and Tech support will have to get involved.
  • Kate Meigan
    Kate Meigan Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your help, I have been able to get into the admin password and reset the password and user name :)