Changing customers after writing an invoice (but before saving) - incorrect email

GoatyMcGoatBoat
GoatyMcGoatBoat Member Posts: 54
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi there,

I've stumbled across what I consider to be a HUGE issue in Reckon Accounts Premier.

I created an invoice today for one customer, completely filled that invoice in, then just before clicking "Save and New" I realised I had already invoiced that customer for that job.  Instead of closing that window and starting a new invoice, I went to the next docket and changed the invoice to reflect that sale.  This meant that I changed the client, and completely rewrote the items I was invoicing for.  I then sent all of my invoices from Reckon (through Outlook), and the invoice was sent to the FIRST customer but with all of the SECOND customer's information on it.  It appears Reckon did not update the email address when I changed the client, but updated everything else.

This has created an ENORMOUS issue for me, as the two clients use different services but their description is very similar.... I supply the first customer with a staff member + equipment, and I supply the second customer with staff only (no equipment).  The rate is significantly different however the description is similar, and this has resulted in the first customer thinking that I am charging them almost double for the same service as I am charging the second customer.  The issue is compounded by the fact that not only do these two customer not like each other, but the first customer has been with me since the VERY BEGINNING of my company and the second has literally just signed up in the past couple of weeks.  From the position of my most loyal customer, this looks INCREDIBLY bad.

I am now in a position to lose a $200,000/year client because of what appears to be an error in Reckon.  I have tried to recreate this issue with no success but I will continue until I figure out exactly what has happened.

I am not posting this for support - I am posting asking if anyone has had the same issue.  If so, please reply to this post as we need to gather as much information about this as possible so that we can go to the support team and with any luck we can actually get something FIXED rather than adding it to the "features request" list which still has requests on it from 10 years ago.

Cheers

Comments

• GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited October 2017
    Because there was no invoice to delete - I had not saved the invoice. I filled the invoice out then before saving, I went back and completely rewrote the invoice. Reckon updated every single piece of information in the record EXCEPT for the email address.

I NOW understand that closing the invoice window and reopening would have given the desired result but, at the time, doing it the way I did presented no issue.

*Why* I did it that way is largely irrelevant, I am trying to recreate and report a situation where a user can create a highly undesirable and incredibly dangerous result.
  • GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited October 2017
    I think you need to re-read my posts buddy.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2017
    Hi Goaty,

We've just tested this by replicating the workflow you've outlined in the opening post however could not reproduce your scenario on several invoices.

Go back into your invoices, and check if there are one or two copies of this invoice and whether they are to the same or different customers?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited October 2017
    Hi Rav,

I haven't been able to replicate it either but will continue to try today.

There is definitely no duplicate invoice.

I have checked my outgoing emails and the invoice was only sent ONCE, to the incorrect client.  I thought I may have saved it before changing it and two emails had been created, but in that case there would be an identical email to both customers.

I've just been called out to a job but will be back in a few hours and I'll make it a priority to try and replicate it this afternoon.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.