Changing from Hosted to Accounts Enterprise

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Due to slow internet speed we are taking our systems offline, therefore will not longer be using Accounts Hosted. I can see that Accounts Enterprise would be the most suitable substitute, this will be set up on a sever for all staff to access, is it possible to transfer the company file from Hosted to Enterprise and if so is this something that Reckon can assist with or explain how the best way is to do it to ensure no data loss? Any help you have would be greatly appreciated.
Photo of Tiffany Burness

Tiffany Burness

• 1,286 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Janelle Knight

Janelle Knight

• 886 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We did the same a couple of years ago. After we Lo aded the software to server, I then did a backup from our hosted data and just restored that backup to the new software on the server. To prove accuracy, print off a trial balance from your hosted data and after you have restored to server, print off trial balance and compare. Should be exactly the same.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 74,646 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tiffany,

Yes your file will transfer over to the Enterprise edition without a problem.

As a Hosted user, you're entitled to one free copy of Reckon Accounts Enterprise which will allow one user to operate. If you require more users you'll need to purchase additional licences.
More info on Enterprise here - http://www.reckonaccountsenterprise.com.au/

Give our Customer Service team a call and we can assist you with that.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Anthony Batticci

Anthony Batticci

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
I've found myself in the same situation however when I contacted customer service for a copy of the free Reckon Accounts Enterprises even though I have been with Reckon for 11 years that I am not eligible because my subscription is monthly and not yearly???
Photo of Jeff Langtip

Jeff Langtip

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Rav, can I bypass calling the customer service team? Am I able to download the file? I have a HOSTED licence