Changing linking accounts for tracking tax on purchase and sales

Ellie
Ellie Member Posts: 3
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
Hi there,

I have an issue with changing the linking accounts for tracking tax on purchase and sales. I go to Supplier- Australian Taxation Office- Tax agent info. Eg, track tax on purchase separately to GST payable account.  However it comes up with an error message: “Transactions have been created on this account, you cannot change it anymore”. Can you please advise how can I change the account?  Thank you

Comments

• LyndaC
    LyndaC Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2020
    Hi Ellie

Have you tried to change the GST collected GST paid accounts by going through the following process

Settings
    Tax Settings
    General
    Changing the Default tax account

Thanks

Lynda
  • Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2020
    Hi Ellie,

It sounds like your using Reckon Accounts not Reckon One.  If that's the case, unfortunately you can't actually change it now.  You can only change these before you start entering transactions with tax.  You would have to remove tax from all transactions, change it, then add the tax back.  But that's not really feasible in most cases.  But the Reckon data services team should be able to help with this as they have special tools for things like this that we don't have access to.

If you want to open a case with them fill out the form on this page https://www.reckon.com/au/data-services-request/.  Select any of the services as none of them will be specifically for this, but in the message area just explain the issue and that there wasn't a service to select for this specific issue and they will understand.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Ellie
    edited May 2020
    Thank you for the reply Shane. 
  • Ellie
    edited May 2020
    Thank you for the reply, Lynda.