Changing password in Hosted

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I can't see where the log in password can be changed - could someone please point to the area in the Control Panel that's supposed to have this function?  I don't mean asking for a reset, just changing an existing one.
Photo of Marina

Marina

• 528 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Marina!

Inside the control panel, click on Manage Users. Once you see the users click on the blue user number and then you will see this screen:

Once you see this screen click on the Change Password tick box and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps!
Photo of Sean Cresswell

Sean Cresswell

• 734 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Too fast for me Mirko,....I had some screen images saved, ready to explain EXACTLY as you have!  ;-)
Photo of Marina

Marina

Hey Sean,  thank you anyway :)
Photo of Marina

Marina

Hi Mirko,

Thank you, that worked fine.  

Marina
Photo of Andy Van Bakel

Andy Van Bakel

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Change my password.

Been given a new password and would like to change it
Photo of Jacquie Stumpf

Jacquie Stumpf

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i change my log on password on a regular basis for security control.

My insurance guy told me that their business got hacked on cloud accounting. My husband is already nervous about this issue and I am responsible for talking him into us purchasing Reckon Hosted, which I am quite happy with. We are quite a new user of this system having only signed up one month ago. So to keep my husband at ease I want to change my password regularly as a safety guard against cloud hacking. Other than clicking on 'forgot my password', is there any space I can go to in order to choose to change my password?  I would love to hear from anyone who can advise me. Thank you! 
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jacquie, welcome to the Community. I understand your concerns, and it's always wise to be security & privacy conscious in the cloud and all areas of IT. The steps in my above post run through password changes from within the 'Control Panel' which is accessed from the dashboard. Hope it helps. ^Mirko

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.