Changing to offline version

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Hi, Does anyone know what software to purchase to continue using reckon accounts offline. Since the upgrade middle of this year the hosted version is just to slow to use. The screens freeze all the time and just takes too long to do anything. Is there a version of the software you can purchase to install locally and just use the company file that I've been using online for the last 5 years. 
Photo of daniel

daniel

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Gail Lewis

Gail Lewis, Accredited Partner

• 1,316 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
If you are in New Zealand then each hosted client is entitled to a free Enterprise desktop licence, if in Australia this maybe different, in either country contact a local Reckon trainer or head office after the New Year. I have a few clients now that are using the desktop enterprise version until they improve the reliability of the Hosted version.
Photo of Shakir Akhtar

Shakir Akhtar, Employee

• 432 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Daniel, thanks for your post and Welcome to the Reckon Community.

One Accounts Enterprise licence is provided per customer with purchase of first current Accounts Hosted licence by the customer, regardless of number of users. Additional licences need to be purchased for multi user sites of Accounts Hosted. If you wish to use Accounts Enterprise Desktop only, then you may do so for the remaining period of your Accounts Hosted licence.

Request you to call Customer Services on 5th Jan'15 to add the Enterprise License(Desktop) in your record as the department is closed due to festive season.

Regards,
Shakir
Photo of daniel

daniel

Hi, Thanks for your reply and information. I'm on the Australian version. I was unaware that you can have a copy of the software to use online when required. Would have saved so much time over the last 6 months. It sounds like a "redraw issue" that wont be fixed. Do you know will the company file that is used on Reckon Accounts hosted say work on Reckon Accounts Accounting http://estore.reckon.com.au/74/23/Accounts-Accounting/more since online hosting now doesn't work that great and probably won't use it. 
Thanks
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Daniel, Hosted and Enterprise are the same level on the RAB range. Data files can be upgraded to higher versions, but cannot be downgraded (as features that are not present have likely been used). Thus, a Hosted/Enterprise datafile would not be compatible with Accounting.
Photo of daniel

daniel

Thanks for that. I'm not sure what RAB stands but anyway I ended up calling the sales line and the gave me an Install code for RA Enterprise 2014. So I will be happy just to use the hosted file version offline until they fixed up all the freezing issue. Thanks. 
Photo of daniel

daniel

Thanks for that. I'm not sure what RAB stands for. Does that mean company files will interchange with any software on in this category http://www.reckon.com.au/category.aspx?cid=5 Eg will Hosted file work on Accounts plus or Accounts Pro?

Anyway I ended up calling the sales line and the gave me an Install code for RA Enterprise 2014. So I will be happy just to use the hosted file version offline until they fixed up all the freezing issue. Thanks. 
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
RAB (Reckon Accounts Business). Sorry for confusion caused.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.