Chart of accounts missing

Woody1999
Woody1999 Member Posts: 16
Help - the chart of accounts has disappeared! Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? All our transactions are there but no accounts are listed. We are using Reckon Accounts Premier Contractor Edition 2018. Thanks heaps.

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

That's a new one; I don't see how that can happen

first try List>Chart of accounts

or perhaps you have made accounts inactive by mistake
  • Woody1999
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for the response.

My entire chart of accounts has disappeared - the list is empty. We have not altered any accounts to inactive.

Has anyone else seen this before please?
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Hi Woody1999,

This is very strange, I have never heard of this issue before.

Could you please see if a rebuild fixes the issue? To do this go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.

Please let me know how you go.

Luke
  • Woody1999
    edited June 2020
    Hi Luke, It was approx 60% through a data rebuild and then aborted Reckon and kicked me out. Should I try to rebuild the data again? Thanks for your help.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2019
    Hi Woody - it does sound strange - did you do a backup during the rebuild process? if you did - I would suggest restoring that backup - then create a portable file - then restore that portable file that you created - this has a similar effect to a rebuild but may be quicker and less likely to crash?  (make sure you DO NOT do anything else with computer while its doing this - it may show as not responding but thats not the case - just leave it to finish... 
  • Woody1999
    edited February 2019
    Hi Luke, Followed the instructions above but still have no chart of accounts. Any other suggestions please?
  • Woody1999
    edited February 2019
    Hi Luke, Can you please give me the phone support number? Thanks heaps.
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Hi Woody1999,

I've verified that you're one of our Advantage customers and are entitled to free technical support so I have organised for our Community manager to send you an email with the technical support phone number. Not everybody is entitled to this support thus why I don't want to post it publicly here.

Thanks.

Luke.
  • Woody1999
    edited February 2019
    Good Morning,

This error happened again yesterday afternoon. We have restored from a daily back up this time. Last time we were simply told the file was corrupt after many hours lost.

I have looked through the log myself today and found this error:

MESSAGE: Tue Feb 26 15:43:16 LVL_SEVERE_ERROR--Could not save Persistent Aggregate Value. Hr = 80040608

Can someone please explain this error to me?

Thanks heaps.