Checking invoices have been emailed?

Emily Rikken
Emily Rikken Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
How can I check my invoices have been emailed?  I'm constantly following up ageing unpaid invoices and getting the same response from my customers "I didn't receive the invoice".  Each time I raise an invoice I email it to the customer from the invoice screen, but many don't seem to be receiving them.  I cannot find anyway in Reckon to check if the emails have been sent and the customer is just yanking my chain, or if the emails are not being sent correctly.  Some seem to get there, some don't and it's not the same customers claiming they aren't receiving the invoice, so it's not a matter of incorrect email addresses. Is there a log somewhere that I'm missing? Can anyone help??

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    hello Emily
    Cosmic  cloud invoice for RAH will guarantee you all your invoices are sent , if you wish to know please call me on 0407068942

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi Emily,

Accounts Hosted doesn't have email tracking functionality so unfortunately there isn't an option to check sent emails.

As emails from Hosted are sent from accountshosted@reckon.com email address, it may be possible that spam filters are diverting it into a junk folder on the receivers end.

While it may not be ideal in some cases, there are some tips on what you and your customers can do to ensure successful receipt of emails in this KB -

Customers receiving emails from accountshosted@reckon.com and not from my email address

You may also be interested in checking Cosmic Invoices from Chandra, one of our API partners, its a great solution. 
    https://www.reckon.com/marketplace/add-on/cosmic-invoice/

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Catherine Healy
    Catherine Healy Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2018
    I have put my email address in BCC in Reckon Accounts Hosted: Preferences: Send forms. You will then always receive an email back to you saying that the email has been sent. I then move that email into an alphabetical folder in my email inbox so I have a record to refer back on.  Your customers may have their email in the junk folder as was mentioned.
  • Liam Francisco
    Liam Francisco Member Posts: 20
    edited April 2020
    you could just click on print, then when the PDF comes up save it somewhere on your computer or One drive etc then just send it from outlook or similar where you can request a read receipt or delivery receipt.It is not ideal but it works, you will at least be able to see easily if it has sent correctly or get a bounce back email, maybe one day reckon will be able to create a simple email system where you can get read receipts, providing your customer clicks on them. Cheers from Liam and good luck.

• Liam Francisco_8865504
    Liam Francisco_8865504 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2018
    I agree Kevin that they should fix this. I am just trying to help Emily in the meantime.
  • Lisa_9446385
    Lisa_9446385 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    That's exactly what I do, too.  I put the invoice number in the subject line as well so it's easier to search for in my emails.
  • Cheryl Boneham
    Cheryl Boneham Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2019
    I agree, I like to know that my customer receives the email.  I will have to do it the long way which to me is going backwards.

• Jill Clarke
    Jill Clarke Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2019
    Any update on this read receipt? I am tempted to change to a different accounting system if this cannot be done as its causing us so many problems

• Jill Clarke
    edited April 2019
    Kevin is this something they are looking at implementing or not? I seems so many people are having the same issue
  • Jill Clarke
    edited April 2019
    Can I ask in your opinion is it worth transferring to Reckon one? Does Reckon One have the ability for a read receipt on outgoing mail?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Hi Jill,
    Reckon One is a completely different solution and comes with a different feature set when compared with the more well established Reckon Accounts Hosted.
    On the email side of things, it contains a log of sent emails (see screenshot) however it does not provide a read receipt.

I would however recommend taking a look at its features first before committing to making any change as it is a fair bit different from Reckon Accounts Hosted.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    So RA1 does not provide Acknowledgement.
    Cosmic Invoice for RAH will provide this feature with Stripe online payment with link in the invoice

We are providing Subscription  per each transaction  ONLY PAY AS YOU USE: .05 CENTS PER INVOICE 
    There are camera features , creating jobs with image and attached to email, etc, multiple drivers use, SOON coming offline invoicing and blue tooth printing in development

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009