Choose your own Payment Method

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
I would dearly like to be able to choose from the existing Payment Methods and add my own, as an option in Settings.
For instance you now work so well with PayPal, and are looking at other 3rd party payment providers as options, it would be good to include them.
I also find the inclusion of American Express and other credit and debit providers too much as a small provider, I do not have the need for offering those services,
Lastly, perhaps there could be a report built on the popularity of each payment type.
Photo of Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • thoughtful

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Prashant Thakur

Prashant Thakur, Employee

• 10 Points
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your post and Welcome to Reckon community.

We appreciate your feedback and suggestions.However, currently you can only select from the options available under payment services. We will let you know if any other 3rd party providers are added as a payment option in future.

Regards,

Prashant Thakur
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 49,754 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I dont like Papal their fees are extortionate. And their alleged dispute settlement alleged procedures leave a lot to be desired. My other payment service uses a bank. Theres never a problem. Ever.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
and what % rate does your 'bank' charge for credit card payments and what is your banks dispute process for them? Because that's really what 'paypal' is mostly used for, a way to process credit cards.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Correct Andrew and Papal have a pretty poor record in Australia. This is not a state secret. Im very happy with my provider. And the fees are cheaper too
(Edited)
Photo of Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright

Stay on topic gents. Who you use is your choice.
Photo of Kevin Russell

It would be nice to have options Stu.
Photo of Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright

For background, mine is a not for profit group, selling services only, not products. We are using a club account at the bank that has limited functionality. PayPal, integrated with R1 is great, and my request is just an idea that would make my job easier.
(Edited)
Photo of BWPanda

BWPanda

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Adding/editing payment types would be a nice feature. Having the ability to remove unnecessary types like the credit cards and cheque would make it simpler for small organisations, and the ability to add new payment types, such as Direct Debit, would be great.