Chrome Crashing when going to print

ARC BookKeeping
ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
edited April 2019 in Accounts Hosted
My Client is having trouble with Chrome Crashing when going to print they get up to the print preview and then the message that chrome has to close...

This is not just a Reckon Hosted Problem because Chrome wont print other webpages too. Just thought/hoped that someone in the community may have had this problem before and maybe able to help.

yes they are on the lastest version of Chrome.
run on windows 7 

Have tried ...
google searching for solutions,

found and tried....
un-installing & re-installing Chrome,
created new user,
removed the default user,
looked for plugins to enable,

screen shot of where we get to before problem
screen shot of message....

cheers for any help
Angie Carlyle

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Hey Angie, couple things to try....
    • Check for a Chrome Update.
    • See if there is an update for the Printer Driver.
    • Uninstall and Reinstall Chrome - (see you've already tried that)
    • If all that fails, consult an IT professional - Sadly, I'm all out of ideas :D
  • Jason Jiao
    Jason Jiao Alumni Posts: 29
    edited July 2015

Hi Angie,

It might be caused by the template border. try the steps in the following post

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/cannot_print_through_the_new_printing_feature_of_reckon_a...

Thanks

Jason

• Melinda Jane Koth
    Melinda Jane Koth Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Another option is try another browser  Internet explorer or Firefox. We are having difficulties printing invoices and we swapped our browser  to Internet explorer and it now works fine. I know they say use Chrome but it doesn't always work

• ARC BookKeeping
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the suggestion... but it is happening on other web pages too so its nothing to do with Reckon/templates
  • ARC BookKeeping
    edited April 2015
    thanks for your reply...
    I will look into the Printer driver.
    the clients IT guy doesnt know either.

• ARC BookKeeping
    edited April 2015
    thanks for your reply..
    the client does preferr Chrome.. as a stop gap for now they are using another browser
  • Jason Jiao
    Jason Jiao Alumni Posts: 29
    edited July 2015
    sorry, missed that earlier :-). are you able to print to a PDF converter or MS XPS document writer. cheers
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Another suggestion I thought of is to disable Chrome plugins, there maybe a clash between some of the with the printing? > https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142064?hl=en

• Phil Church
    Phil Church Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Uninstalled 64bit Chrome and installed 32bit Chrome and now can print normally on Windows 8.1
  • Vadim Khodeev
    Vadim Khodeev Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    This tip helped solve the problem on 8.1
  • Jonathon Flypogger
    Jonathon Flypogger Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019
    I've tried everything except uninstalling and re-installing chrome. I successfully printed using a different browser (Firefox). I think that instead of losing all my saved data in chrome (by uninstalling), I am just going to start using Firefox and stop using Chrome. It is a great browser and I can still use google search.