Claim Acrobat error when previewing PDF file attached to transaction

Phil Nelthorpe
Phil Nelthorpe Member Posts: 2

I'm using Accounts 2018. When attempting to preview a PDF file attached to a transaction the following error message occurs:image
I'm using the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC. I can read the same file in File Explorer without any error message. Error messages only started tonight, I was able to preview successfully 1 week ago when I last used Reckon.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Hi Phil,
    I'm not sure if this is quite the same but perhaps this KB article might be useful - 

Unable to preview PDF attachment from PDF reader.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Phil Nelthorpe
    Phil Nelthorpe Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    Hi Rav,

No, not the same error. .pdf was already linked to Acrobat Reader DC. It would be helpful if someone knows what the error code means.I can't see how there can be a problem with Acrobat Reader as the error message says, as Reader is able to open the file that I've attached when the file is in a folder in File Explorer.
  • Alison
    Alison Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2019
    I'm suddenly getting this same error when I try to view an attached document and also when I go to attach a document.  I am using Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019.  It worked fine last week.  I have rebooted computer, Adobe is not open.  What causes this and how do I fix it?
  • John_6716096
    John_6716096 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2020
    Hi Phil and Alison,

Did you ever find a fix for this issue of attaching pdfs into Reckon Accounts?  I suspect that Adobe have changed a registry setting with an update.
  • Alison
    Alison Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2020
    No I didn't actually find a fix but it did somehow fix itself as I no longer get the error
  • GillianCreamer
    GillianCreamer Member Posts: 13

I never got the message but I still can't open attached pdf files in Home & Business. Attached scanned ones are fine but attached files won't open.