class

Michelle_7070859
Michelle_7070859 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
Hi I am using Reckons Accounts Preimier Edition 2014 and for the first time I actually need to do a balance sheet by Class and notice that the balance sheet does not balance.  On further investigation I see that my cheques even though I have allocated a class to them do not show up in my bank account.  Why is this?  What can I do to fix this problem?  Thanks

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Michelle,

You will probably find that the class is being allocated to the account line on the cheque and not the total transaction.

The only way to possibly get the cheque to be part of the class would be a journal as then it could be allocated in both lines of the journal.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh ([email protected])

• Michelle_7070859
    edited September 2014
    Write a reply  Sally thanks for your help with this.  Gee it sounds like it is going to be a pain now for me to get a class balance sheet out.  I am also noticing the same with the gst tax payable on balance sheet class is not necessarily added either but doesn't seem to be a method as some receipts show with a class and some not even though I have allocated a class to every transaction?
  • Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant
    Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2014
    I think you will find that it's not possible to print a Balance Sheet by Class unless you print them individually and then they don't make a lot of sense.
  • Michelle_7070859
    edited September 2014
    Write a reply   Thanks yes not much help if the balance sheet does not acutally balance.  Cheers