Class tracking and jobkeeper top up code - urgent help please

Accounts Manager
Accounts Manager Member Posts: 10
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
We track our profit and loss using CLASS tracking.  I can't seem to get the JOBKEEPER TOP UP to track to a class.  I know its probably how I have set it up but can someone advise the best way please asap.  Also can this be back dated?

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    I can't think of any easy way to do this either.
    My only suggestion is:
    1. run pays as per normal, and then
    2. process a general journal where you credit the expense account that you are using for jobkeeper (leave class blank) and then debit the same account but enter the class(es) that you wish to use
    3. no reason you couldn't back date this
    Hopefully somebody can offer a more elegant solution
  • Accounts Manager
    edited May 2020
    Thank you appreciate your quick response.  I will do that if I can't find as you put a more elegant solution.  I just got an extension on my reporting deadline so hopefully I can get it automated.  Stay safe
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    If you tick the box on the payroll item for Track Expenses by Job - then the topup item will pick up whatever classes you are using on the paycheque.  see below:

• Accounts Manager
    edited May 2020
    Thank you Linda.  I should have mentioned that I have done this now BUT after I processed a couple of weeks pay.  will it do it retrospective?  Hope that makes sense.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2020
    Just go into each of the pays you want to fix, unlock them...save them again... and it should update?  try one and check?  If it doesnt - then make a small change - change it back... then save...