Cleanup Company Data has been done now the YTD Amount incorrect how do I fix this?

Laura_6954319
Laura_6954319 Member Posts: 3
An ex employee completed the cleanup Company Data process as at the 31/12/14 and now the YTD Amount on the employees Payslips is incorrect and the Payment Summaries. 

There is a YTD Adjustment transaction showing in the Employees Card but when I click on it the following comes up "This transaction is a result of cleaning up past transactions. This type of transaction cannot be edited".

Any ideas on how this can be resolved would be greatly appreciated.  I have never used the Cleanup Company process in my 10+ years on using Quickbooks/Reckon.

Comments

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Laura,

When did your ex-employee initiate the Clean Up Company Data function?

Where is the backup that was created just prior to that Clean Up Company Data operation taking place?

How often do you normally backup your data file?

How many backup sets do you have available?

Since you cannot edit the YTD Adjustment that is the result of the clean up process, can you create another manual YTD Adjustment manually to bring the figures back to what you expect them to be?

* Data Recovery Team*

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Hi Laura, Oh no! My first suggestion would be to restore the backup they took before doing it & re enter the data since, but that may not be a viable option. Is the payroll too much or not enough? If not enough in the employee drop down menu you can enter another ytd adjustment where if you said to not affect accounts you could adjust to be correct. Feel free to email me directly & we can even organise a remote appointment if you need to! Kind regards, Sally Sally@samsolutions.com.au
  • Laura_6954319
    edited March 2015
    I have not been able to find the backups prior to the cleanup. I have been backing up weekly since starting in January. I am not sure how to manually adjust the figures. I have tried going into setup YTD Figures but it won't let me as the same message "this transaction is a result of cleaning up past transactions" comes up I have also tried under the payroll setup to adjust the YTD figures? The YTD amount is showing up as more than it should be.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Hi Laura, A clean up means you can't edit or delete the transaction. Could you edit the name of the current employees then create new employees with their correct names, create new correct ytd figures for July to December then re process the pays for 2015 under their new names? Then when doing your reports you just need to take that into consideration! It is more preferable to find the backups even if you speak to your IT guy as who knows what else might be wrong? Kind regards, Sally Sally@samsolutions.com.au
  • Laura_6954319
    edited July 2019
    Thanks, I thought there might have been a simple solution that I wasn't aware of. I'll have a little play around with a backup file and see what I can do. Worse comes to worse I handwrite the payment summaries. All the other wage reports seem to be showing up correctly.
  • Kris_8789573
    Kris_8789573 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2016

Hi Laura,

How did you manage to rectify this issue as I know have the same problem?

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kris,

Have you considered restoring the last known good backup before the clean-up process was undertaken?
    Regards,
    Reckon Data Recovery Team