clearing fields in statement summary - Personal Plus 2018

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
My AMEX statement has always balanced until last month in Personal Plus but now ends up with a balance of -$59.15, an amount I have no record of.  I have checked all my figures and statement entries and can find no discrepancies.  How can I clear the fields in the statement summary box so that I can start afresh?
Photo of Carljh

Carljh

• 1,012 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 3,316 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
just use CTRL-D to remove an entry, Carljh
Photo of Carljh

Carljh

Deleting or changing the value to zero does nothing, the next time I open the reconcile window, the original values are still there.  I need to clear these values so I can start with a clean slate.
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 3,316 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I take it you have a Credit Card account, then Carljh.  I personally don't use that, but rather a Split Transaction in my Chequing Account for monthly Credit Card Statements.

Either way the account should balance.  It sounds like you have a problem in the database - have you Validated and Super Validated your file? 
Photo of Robyn Kelly

Robyn Kelly, Accredited Partner

• 3,326 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Can you get your last AMEX statement out Carljh & check closing balance on the last statement matches the opening balance of the current statement?

If they are the same check the opening balance of the last sttaement agrees to your account balance at the same date.  If it doesn't match go back to where it did match.  You possibly accidentally deleted a prior transaction?

Photo of Carljh

Carljh

Thanks Diver Dave & Robyn for your help.  I had no problems with reconciling this account until the September statement and this is over 20 years!  Have checked all my statements back several months but there is a mistake in the file somewhere, just need to keep digging!  Obviously something has happened to upset the apple cart after reconciliation but can't for the life of me think how this has happened - just another of the Reckon gremlins!