Closing down company file which is with Hosted

holysmoked
holysmoked Member Posts: 12
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi we are closing down our company file which is with Hosted. Our account has said that the Australian Taxation Department requires us to have access to this company file for 7 years. How do have access if we no longer subscribe to Hosted? Thanks Anthony

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Download the backup and install a copy of Enterprise that you are entitled to as a hosted user and restore there. Otherwise just keep a backup and let the tax dept find the correct version to install it to if necessary
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited September 2019
    You can always open the file to look or get reports when it’s expired - to my knowledge and experience with other versions
  • Kris_Williams
    edited September 2019
    Certainly could be out of date and relevant to older versions, good to know
  • Kris_Williams
    edited September 2019
    Just make sure you also have a backup disk to hand over if required, by tax office - don’t know if that would suffice, but that and a general ledger PDF is all you can do.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2019
    We recommend that before you close your Hosted subscription that you generate key reports for the specific periods that you may need.

For example, if you want a snapshot of each of the last 7 financial years:

Generate and set the reporting period such as at 30/06/20XX or (From 01/07/20XX to 30/06/20XX) for reports like;

-Trial Balance 

- Balance Sheet
    - Balance Sheet Detail
    - Summary Balance Sheet

- Profit & Loss
    - Profit & Loss Detail

- Transaction List by Date
    - Journal Report
    - Custom Transaction Detail Report

Having these reports generated and saved as PDF or Excel worksheet, stored in a known folder location on your hard disk or online storage will give you easy access to them without having to have the software installed.

Now if you do need to view them in detail, you would need to install the relevant software on your computer or take up a Hosted subscription for a month or get a trial Hosted account.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

• holysmoked
    holysmoked Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2019
    Hi Kris & Kevin,
    Thanks for the information.  Do you know where I go to download the copy of Enterprise?
    Cheers,
    Anthony
  • Cathy_7327712
    Cathy_7327712 Member Posts: 31

Enterprise does not work with Macs. nowhere does it tell you this, until you have downloaded it.

• Kris_Williams

I don’t believe any Reckon desktop programs work with Macs, unless you setup a virtual windows

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Kris_Williams

Hey Gerry they were using Hosted but closing down company I believe

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

I know and was wondering if it can be used as read only, must find out myself.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Kris_Williams

I would have thought it could be like other versions, but Cathy can’t install Enterprise on a Mac. Let me know when you get an answer please

• Cathy_7327712

Zappy

I had been told by Reckon tec services I could operate my file on Enterprise.

I searched how to download Enterprise and was directed to members section of Control Panel.

No mention of Windows based program there, no box.

• Kris_Williams

Kevin I don’t know where you get your information from, but I too have been using Reckon for over 25 years and I agree that it has never been suitable for Mac unless you setup a virtual windows on your Mac. Not easy but doable

• Datarec_ReckonLtd

Since you are on a Mac and there is no native Mac version of the Reckon Accounts Enterprise desktop software, if you will no longer be subscribed to the Hosted platform AND later on you need to review any information in your current data file:

a) you could create a new Hosted Trial account and then upload the data file or backup that you have and open it with whichever newer version of Hosted is available in that future time frame.

b) use Bootcamp for Mac to dual-boot on your Mac to a Windows operating system, and install the Reckon Accounts Enterprise desktop

c) use a Windows virtualisation system running on top of your iOS. (example: Parallels Desktop for Mac, VMware Fusion for Mac) and install the Reckon Accounts Enterprise desktop

• Cathy_7327712

To Reckon Data Recovery Staff

I can download a copy of my back up file, but have not been able to download my data file. It will not copy or drag to my Macbook desktop. Can you tell me how?

• Datarec_ReckonLtd

You will need to download the QBW file in the same way you downloaded the QBB file.

From the Q: drive to your local drive using the Toolbox icon on the top right corner of the Hosted application screen.

Also consider searching the community posts for specific topics as sometimes that is easier than waiting for a community member to respond.

• Kris_Williams

How big is the data file?

• Cathy_7327712

i have managed to download it following steps from data recovery. Thank you for your great help and commitment to my issues Kris.

• Kris_Williams

Congrats, glad to be of help