Cloud POS with Reckon Hosted

Lee_9094167
Lee_9094167 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Is there an article explaining how Cloud POS integrates with Reckon Hosted? I have linked the POS with Hosted and all stock items are available at the register. At the end of day I run the Z-Report, but I do not see the sales in Hosted (may be looking in the wrong spot?). Other questions I have relate to inventory - POS allows edits of pricing, barcodes etc, as does Hosted, how do these changes get propagated? Will one system overwrite the other? 

Thanks for any direction you are able to provide.

Comments

• Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2019
    Hi Lee,

Thank you for your post.

Please view the help article from here: https://help.reckon.com/pos/integrations/accounting/reckon-accounts-hosted

You will have to post the End of Day transactions manually by going to Management System > REPORTS > Z Reports Archive > click on POST.

However, currently Hosted integration is down due to an urgent upgrade that Reckon Cloud POS requires to integrate with the new Hosted 2018 edition. We aim to have the new update released in next few days and then Reckon Accounts Hosted integration will resume.

You should update the price of an Inventory only in Hosted, not in Reckon Cloud POS. You can make other changes in POS (Barcode, colour, code etc.) as when you post end of day transactions/sync, the cost and price fields will be updated to what your Hosted company file has.

Hopefully that explains. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks

Ifti

• Lee_9094167
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the reply. This clarifies a lot.

I see on the Preferences / Accounting Software screen there is a settings cog with the option to sync - is it safe to press this while the register is open? I take it that this will sync the inventory?

Thanks
    Lee
  • Ifti
    edited July 2018
    That's right but it won't work until we push the latest changes.
  • Ifti
    edited July 2018
    You can do it while Cash Register is open. But to see the new changes in your Cash Register, within your Cash Register, click on Settings button and click on "Sync" from there to get the latest data from your Management System.
  • Lee_9094167
    edited July 2018
    Thanks. When are you expecting the changes to be pushed out?
  • Ifti
    edited July 2018
    Unfortunately I don't have an ETA as yet, but the work is going on full swing. We should have update early next week.

Apologies for any inconveniences caused by this.

Ifti
  • Samantha Vassallo
    Samantha Vassallo Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    I'm having similar issues as well. I've had Cloud POS for a little while now, wanting to test it out a bit before I open my shop. I have just uploaded a bunch of new items to RAH but they have not come accross to POS even though I have hit the sync button. I also can't see the daily total in RAH but I've only tried that once today. 

• Ifti
    edited July 2019
    Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your post.

If you have successfully integrated with Hosted and you want to get new items to be synced with POS:
    1. Go to Management System > PREFERENCES > Accounting Software
    2. Next to Reckon Accounts Hosted, click on Settings > Sync
    3. It will then import all the new items that were created in Hosted
    4. To get this data into your Cash Register, either load Cash Register again by opening it again or click on Settings from the top > Sync
    To post End of Day (Z) transactions back to Hosted:
    1. In your Cash Register, perform Z Report (from Settings menu at the top)
    2. Go to Management System > REPORTS > Z Report Archive > choose the date range if your End of Day doesn't show up. 
    3. Once you can find it, click on the POST button
    4. If the post is successful, the status will change to "Posted"
    5. Login to Hosted and open your company file. Your transactions will be there
    Please let us know if you still have any questions.

Thanks

Ifti
  • Peta Bell
    Peta Bell Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    Hi.  I am having issues.  The systems are all synced but there is no POST button allowing me to post previous transactions to Hosted.  I have not yet finalised a day since syncing to know if current ones will go straight across.  Do I need to manually enter all sales to date given there is no POST option?

• Ifti
    edited February 2020
    Hi Peta,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to complete an End of Day (EOD) Z. Then go to Management Sys > REPORTS > Z Report Archive > you should see the Post button over there.

Your EODs will fail to post if you've used one or more items that are not from your Hosted file. If you do have, then I suggest you to enter the sales manually in your Hosted company file. 

Once all of your previous sales data are in Hosted, then you can start using Reckon Cloud POS to process your sales and post EOD transactions to your company file.

Thanks

Ifti
  • Peta Bell
    Peta Bell Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    Thank you., I am not getting the option to POST from the Z read archives, so looks like I will have to post manually.

• EHSS
    EHSS Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2020
    Hi! Can someone please point out where I can find the summarized Z-Report in Hosted?? I would like to find the totals for Cash, Cheque and EFTPOS so I can reconcile these numbers with our bank account income. If I can't get the totals in Hosted, how is the integration saving us time? It's only making me more work by inputting individual sales receipts. Help please!!