Com error and crash when trying to email payslips

Janet Pearce
Janet Pearce Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm trying to email payslips and am getting the following error messages:

"Unable to open your email message store. Your message cannot be sent."
Then
"An internal error occurred while preparing your message.  It has not been sent.
(MAPI error code 00000000 (0) at line 483 in sendemail.cpp)

Then I get a Crash error with a big cross saying Com Error.

Any suggestions as to how this can be fixed please.  Thx

Comments

• simon_9684771
    simon_9684771 Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2018
    I had this error when trying to email PO's to a vendor,  Our problem was that my mail profile was not visible to the server where Reckon is running.  Copying my mail profile over fixed the issue (but maybe not the root cause).  I.T. had to do it as I don't have permissions on the app server.

Would love to hear of better fixes as we would need to repeat this every time we change a user.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Janet,

Running Reckon Accounts as an Admin should avoid this error:
    1. Right-click your Reckon Accounts Business launch icon
    2. Properties > Compatibility
    3. Tick the box: Run this program as an Administrator.
    4. Click OK.
    regards,
    John

• Janet Pearce
    Janet Pearce Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018

Thanks Simon and John for your suggestions.  Unfortunately, neither of these have done the trick and I am still getting the same error.  I have also had our IT Support looking at it but also with no success.  I do notice that on the Reckon icon it has the little blue and yellow shield at the bottom of the icon.  I haven't seen this before and don't know if this may be part of the issue.  Any other suggestions to fix this problem will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks, Janet

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Janet,

What is the default email client on this computer? 

This error is know to occur when Microsoft Office Outlook is installed on the PC but not configured as you are using another email client like Windows Mail, Thunderbird, etc, but the default email client for this computer has been selected as Office Outlook. Reckon Accounts contacts the unconfigured Outlook and can't proceed further. 

You will need to either make the other email client the default email client (Start > Default Programs > Set your default programs) or configure your Outlook (wikihow guide).

If the problem persists, and your programme is RA 2016 or earlier, try launching Reckon Accounts in Run As Admin mode ( Right-click Outlook 2016 > Properties > Compatibility and tick the box: Run this program as an Administrator).

If Outlook is 2016 and RA is 2017 and later, run both RA and Outlook in Run As Admin mode.  

Hope this helps,

regards,
    john.