Why do I get the error "Microsoft Excel could not be found" when consolidating reports from multiple

Yawdong Lee
Yawdong Lee Member Posts: 2
edited November 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
It displayed "Micosofft Excel could not be found " as I run combine reports from multiples companies

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hello Yawdong,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

What product are you using and what operation were you doing that generated the error?

regards,
    John
  • Yawdong Lee
    Yawdong Lee Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Hi John,
    Thanks much for your reply to my question.
    We are Salvation Army Taiwan Region and using Reckon Accounts( Quickbooks) Enterprises 2013.
    In performing report function to combine reports for Multiple companies 'warnings: Microsoft Excel could not be found" Do you know about it ? and how to fix it.
    I used EXCEL VERSION 2007

Kind Regards

Fred Lee

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hmmm.

The message means that Enterprise cannot find your Excel installation.

Please do this test - open your Excel and save a file to your desktop.  Close Excel and open the saved file by double clicking on it.  Did it open?

If not, then log onto this machine with another user account, preferably with admin permissions.  Now open Enterprise and try again.  Did this work?

If it does work then it suggests the original windows user profile is corrupt and you will need to create a new one.  

Otherwise, there may be a corruption in the registry which is preventing Enterprise identifying your Excel and you'd best speak to your IT consultant for further help.  

Hope this gets you going.

regards,
    John