commission - I'm wanting to track feild visits that get paid per visit - can't enter them into timesheet

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
I tried to set up an item called commissioning which seemed successful but it wont allow that payroll item to be used on a timesheet - how do I keep track of employees that are on commission rather than an hourly rate?
Photo of Glenn Anderson

Glenn Anderson

• 70 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of SusanR

SusanR, Accredited Partner

• 1,938 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Glenn,

You do not have to use timesheets to process pays in Reckon Accounts Business.  Some businesses do, some don't, and some do a mixture of timesheets or not.  An employee who is commission rather than a hourly rate would probably not use timesheets for payroll.  However, you could set up  a Service type item if you still wanted to record the hours worked.

The payroll item setup is the key for payroll.

If you set the payroll item up as a Wage (Hourly Wages, Annual Salary, Other, Bonus), on the second screen you have the option of selecting Other (Commission, Time in lieu, Miscellaneous adjustment). 

Another way is to set the payroll item up as an Addition type.  This type of payroll items allows you also calculate the item based on either a quantity you enter, or based on an amount of hours.

Both types allow you to set a default rate ($ or %), or you can leave this blank and enter the default on the employee record.

I hope this helps.

Sue

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.