Company information is valid

richard_9724653
richard_9724653 Member Posts: 18
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have been successfully uploading payroll files since inception. I have now shared with another user and gone through setting that user up to the point where they can login and get to upload point. When trying to upload the file, they get the red message Company Information is Valid then nothing. If I try to upload the same file, it works as per previous. What are we doing wrong?

Comments

• richard_9724653
    edited August 2018
    Sorry Kevin, this is the STP file upload through Reckon Portal I'm talking about
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Richard,

The 'Company information is valid' message relates to a mismatch with the branch number between GovConnect STP and your Reckon accounting software.

Can I confirm, are you using Reckon Accounts or Payroll Premier?

If you take a look at the branch number listed in your Company Information settings and ensure that it matches with what is listed in GovConnect STP it will resolve this for you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• richard_9724653
    edited September 2018
    Hi Rav,
    we're using Reckon Accounts. I can upload the file from my login but when a user I've shared to tries to upload the file it fails with the Company information message.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hmm that sounds odd. 
    Was the STP entity shared with the other user using the method outlined here

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• richard_9724653
    edited August 2018
    Yes, shared as per the procedure and received the success notification
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hi Richard,
    Can you let me know if this issue still occurs the next time this user has to perform a STP upload?

• Richard Keeler
    Richard Keeler Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2018
    Will do Rav
  • Gemma
    Gemma Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2019
    We are having the same issue with Reckon Hosted.  I shared the company file with my colleague as per the process and he is also getting the Company file is valid message and cannot go any further. Can you please advise of a fix? 
  • Richard Keeler
    edited September 2018
    Hi Rav,
    the issue is still exactly the same. This user cannot complete the upload.
    I will need to change my MFA to a new phone soon and I'm hoping I can do that without losing our ability to upload.
    Thanks,
    Richard
  • Rav
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me on this Richard,

Does the shared user have more than one STP entity in their Reckon Portal account? Regardless, can you please share that STP entity with us, the user name to share with is chocolol2 and I'll ask our STP dev to take a look

In regard to MFA and upgrading to a new phone, what you'll need to do is revoke the current MFA by going into the settings menu in your Reckon Portal account. Click the settings icon in the top right corner, then scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see the Revoke option. You'll need the code from the current MFA source in order to revoke it. 

• Richard Keeler
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Rav.
    Now I can't access STP with either the new code on the new phone neither can the other user. Both are getting 401: Unauthorised error
  • Rav
    edited September 2018
    Press Ctrl+F5 to do a hard refresh, alternatively clear your browser cache and cookies and it should get you past that. 

• Richard Keeler
    edited September 2018
    I've done all that and still getting the same error as soon as I launch STP
  • Richard Keeler
    edited September 2018
    After several logins, I managed to get to launch and upload successfully using the new phone/authenticator. Subsequent launches have generated the 401 error again.
    I have created chocolol2 as a user.
  • Sharyn Evans
    Sharyn Evans Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2018
    Has there be a fix to this issue? We're experiencing the same issue here
  • Graham Prossor
    Graham Prossor Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2019
    Hi Richard,
    Did you ever resolve the problem with your additional user?
    I started a separate thread and eventually discovered that my situation/problem is identical to yours (and others, it would appear).
  • richard_9724653
    edited April 2019
    Hi Graham, 
    I abandoned the chase and just use one user. I haven't re-visited to try again. As we can do this manually after the event, I can have any user run the payroll and have the registered user upload the file later. Adequate but...
  • Graham Prossor
    Graham Prossor Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2019
    Hi Richard,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Subsequent to my question yesterday, I discovered the answer to my problem.
    As the second user, I had established my own Reckon Portal Account and linked this to my client (that's probably the same as you), anyway, when i log into my account there are two tabs - one for 'my subscription' and one for 'shared with me'.
    I was trying to lodge the STP file using the options available with the  'My subscription' tab - I should have been using the 'Shared with Me' tab.
    Once i used the correct tab everything worked.
  • richard_9724653
    edited May 2019
    Thanks, Graham.
    I may return to the fray, armed with your tip.