Computer shutdown, trying to reinstall Accounts Pro 2013 and download keeps failing

Leah Austin
Leah Austin Member Posts: 3
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
My computer shutdown with my Company File still open and when trying to restart Accounts Pro 2012/13 I received the error -6144,0 

I have looked up this code in the forum, followed the advice given regarding deleting the ND file - nothing happened, same error. 

I am now trying to follow the other advice here on the forum and that which a guy in customer service also suggested - Uninstall and Reinstall from the members section of Reckon.com 

However, the file (full version link) does not download, I keep getting " download failed - network error" 

I have contacted support on the 1800 number, the first guy told me it was my Internet connection - this has been tested and it working normally (actually it's better than usual) I have tried deleting cookies, temp folders and files etc. and tried downloading in two other browsers and still get the same error and no download.

I have just spoken to customer service again, and the lady was quite rude and basically told me too bad, if you want a cd copy it's $50 or you can try asking in the community - so here I am.

PLEASE help me, I have had this software for years, this is the second time this has happened and the last time I was able to download and reinstall no problems at all (a couple of years ago)

I'm getting extremely frustrated and stressing out - and being told I need to pay another $50 after I already paid for the full license is ridiculous! 

My ID is 1418252 

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Great work Kevin.  As another thought, I take it that you might have downloaded the original file a few years ago Leah.  If so, is there a chance that you can find that original downloaded file on your computer?
    John L G
  • Leah Austin
    Leah Austin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    Unfortunately not, I uninstalled it and cleaned up the computer :( 

I'll send Kevin and email, thanks guys!
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Leah.  Just to clarify for you, the original download would have ended up in your downloads folder.  Uninstalling the program does not delete the file in your downloads folder, but rather the one in your programs folder.  I recognise that you might have also gone and got rid of that downloaded file as part of a cleanup.  
    John L G