Connection failed

Options
Neil Helen Arnold
Neil Helen Arnold Member Posts: 7
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
This is the third day in a row that I cannot logon in the morning.  Can any body tell me what's happening?  It is becoming annoying.  I haven't changed anything. If I try to logon after I send a post it seems to be OK.  Help!

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I just logged on from my phone using Safari and my PC using Firefox
  • Neil_6428218
    Neil_6428218 Reckon Staff Posts: 88 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi,

We've had a few reports of this issue over the last few days, so far it appears to be related to Kaspersky Total Security.

Following the steps on this KB should resolve the issue:
    https://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5768
  • Neil Helen Arnold
    Neil Helen Arnold Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks Neil.  I must have the latest version of Kaspersky Total Security as the directions were a bit obscure.  I did however find the exclusion panel for the internet security and added the two web sites as directed.  This morning when I attempted to logon a panel was displayed telling me the connection was secure but alas once again I had a "connection failed" notice.  On a second attempt, about an hour later, the same result however this time I went back to the login screen and tried again and OK, was able to connect.
    To me it seems like a demand problem with some server?
    Any comment on how to overcome this problem of a morning?
  • Neil_6428218
    Neil_6428218 Reckon Staff Posts: 88 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    We've had quite a few calls in the last week about the Connection Failed error, and in all cases so far (as well as internal testing), following those instructions has resolved the issue.

When the error appears next time, if you go back into the Kaspersky Exclusions window, are the two URLs still listed or have they been removed?

Can you send me a screenshot of the Kaspersky 'About' window (or just the release number from that window) and we'll try to install the same version and see we can reproduce the issue and find a fix?