connection to company has been lost Premier 2016

Options
Nick_8326929
Nick_8326929 Member Posts: 16
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I am using Premier 2016 loaded on Windows 10. Twice now I have received the following message and lost all my work. "Problem. The connection to the company file has been lost. Quickbooks must close immedicately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered. Solution> The problem may be caused by the way Quick books is set up on your network, For the most reliable setup, you should install Quick books on the computer where the company file is located and perform a quick one time set-up. etc"

I click on the Tell Me more tab and it goes to a page not found

I share my data file with my book keeper.  We retrieve our back up from One Drive however always restore to the Company file directory on my C drive (we have been doing this for the last 2 years.  As far a s I know she is not having the same issue.   Can you please explain what I have to do to fix this. Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Nick,

Check out this KB article regarding that particular error message -
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3904

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nick_8326929
    Nick_8326929 Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks Rav. im running windows 10 are the instructions still relveant
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hey Nick, sorry for getting back to you so late!

Yes it's all ok for Windows 10, we'll get that article updated.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.