Control Key for Mac

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
I am trying to using the keyboard shortcuts in the new system on my Mac.
I can not work out what key combinations on a Mac Keyboard represent Ctrl.
Any suggestions?
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Julie, welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. This help article by Apple would help.

I got this image from there:

Hope this helps!
Photo of Cathi P

Cathi P

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Julie,

I'm also on a Mac, but haven't fully worked out all the changed shortcuts yet. Some that were working with Cmd (command or "apple"), now work with control (^). For example CmdT did open the memorised transaction list, but since that is a command used in Chrome browser for a new tab, it now works with CtrlT for me. I think that will probably be the case for most/all shortcuts that have specific functions in Chrome (or the browser you are using).

In particular, I have to use CtrlC for copy where I have used CmdC in the past. If I forget and use Cmd C, the clipboard "pop-up" doesn't appear, so nothing is copied. SImilarly CtrlV for paste, rather than CmdV.

Where I used to hold Option and Command together (for "alt") and add an underlined letter, I find I now only need to press the option key plus the appropriate letter.

A number of people have mentioned not being able to use keyboard shortcuts to move between open windows within Accounts. I also haven't found a shortcut that will do that yet either.

Maybe some other mac users could chip in too - wouldn't it be great if we had a full list of Mac shortcuts, since they don't map perfectly with the windows interface of Accounts.